IGNORED

Mahle Filters

terryofperry

Another option is the Hiflofilters. They are made in the same factory as K&N,and until they get the outer casing on them are all the same. Just another option. Ken

Grumpy-ol-Fart

"...They are made in the same factory as K&N,and until they get the outer casing on them are all the same..."

Doesn't matter how much you explain...

Grumpy-ol-Fart

It means it doesn"t matter where the filter is built, if you haven't seen the single pass discrete particle size retention test results for the media in the filter...you don't know anything about it. when I worked at Purolator, we made over 50 branded filters. They were all made in the same plant by the same people...and they weren't at all comparable in terms of performance. Same with champion, Fram, m&H, Toyo Roki....doesn't matter. Filters are built to the specs provided by the customer...they guys whose name are on the can. We built some real junk at Purolator...that's what the customer wanted...we also built some of the best filters I've tested.

It means it doesn"t matter where the filter is built, if you haven't seen the single pass discrete particle size retention test results for the media in the filter...you don't know anything about it. when I worked at Purolator, we made over 50 branded filters. They were all made in the same plant by the same people...and they weren't at all comparable in terms of performance. Same with champion, Fram, m&H, Toyo Roki....doesn't matter. Filters are built to the specs provided by the customer...they guys whose name are on the can. We built some real junk at Purolator...that's what the customer wanted...we also built some of the best filters I've tested.

So your sayin that if all the filters at this particular plant are traveling down the belt/line and randomly split,one side to one name and the other to a seperate name the filters would still be different internally ? Hmmm must be majic. I understand what your saying from your experience and respect it,but other makers may do it differently.

I think he's saying they tool up and produce, then supply as per customer order.

This isn't like a factory that produces apple juice and then puts different labels on the same product.

Links have been posted that show the innards of many filters and they do vary quite a bit.

Archived