IGNORED

'09 K1300GT clutch issue......HELP!!

Firefight911

CoarsegoldKid

Phil will move on but the thread lingers. We can't help ourselves. I'll answer for Phil just to move this on. 2009 1300GT is the model in question. I guess that's generation #3 but not sure. It's appalling no matter what iteration or generation that the dealer nor BMW mothership can't repair this motorcycle. What's that say about the brand?

I'll answer for Phil just to move this on. 1300GT

Thanks, and yes, that is the plan. I have all my accessories and custom painted top box ready to go. Just need to let the dust settle and get a new one. I have already verified adequate new in crate red GTs are in plentiful supply.

Tim,

Did you know that 8 BMWs ago, my very FIRST BMW was a 2000 K1200RS in silver/blue.

Anyone who used to ride with the Marin BMW monthly rides back then probably knew me......at least for about two corners. :) That bike began my ownership love affair with BMW. It never failed to impress me. Fun!!!!!!

Not yet. I just know they are available. A road trip for it would be icing on the cake. I love the fly and ride idea and have really wanted to do it. We'll see. Lots going on here at the home front ya know.

triumph trophy... yum

Oh snap! That's beautiful!!!

At first I was scratching my head as all I could find was the Sprint GT that comes out next month. Beautiful, but oooh that Trophy is nice!!

triumph trophy... yum

Oh snap! That's beautiful!!!

At first I was scratching my head as all I could find was the Sprint GT that comes out next month. Beautiful, but oooh that Trophy is nice!!

but can you wait a whole year for one??????? That throphy may end up at the top of my list for ideal sport touring bike. I hope that dash gets cleaned up for production though. I like the lines of the bike but the dash doesnt look real well thought out from what I could see.

Yeah, buying a new Triumph would be like throwing money away. Although the tiger 1050 resale isnt too bad, especially with the ABS option. All the other models take a sharp dive. I would be curious if the Trophey would buck the low resale trend for Triumph. Especially if it creates a big following. By the looks and the limited release specs, I can see this being a big hit.

• 2 months later...

So you turned the bike back in around Halloween, and they've had it all this time, but no check yet? You are still having to make payments to your lender for a bike they took back? 3 months worth... I guess essentially you are just out the interest, but still!

No, they are obligated by law to pay all interest....and, they have had the bike in its entirety since July!

In full disclosure, I am not paying my bank as of January 1. They worked that out between BMW and them. It's my portion (over $6,000) that they haven't sent me.

• 2 months later...
Firefight911

Is it comedy or something else when you receive a formal recall notice in the mail for a bike that BMW bought back for its problems a couple months ago?

:rofl::rofl:

Yea, it's comedy! Definitely comedy!

Archived