IGNORED

"BMW R1150GS Sport"

Whip

Someone please tell me about this bike????

Is this somethin BMW made or did a bunch of folks switch out the front tire and call em Sport????

Is it only the front tire size????

What else did they do?????

Thanks

It's even more lame than that.

"GS sport" is nothing but a made up name some folks came up with for a non-Adventure GS.

I might be wrong....

--

Mikko

Paul Mihalka

The only difference of the R1150GS Sport to the not "Sport" is that it does not have the partially integrated servo power brake system but has conventional hand for front/foot for rear non-power brakes.

Paul Mihalka
They seem to have 17 inch front wheels?????

No. If the bike has a 17" front wheel it was modified by somebody.

Built around 2002-3, it was a non ABS, non linked brake bike that did not sell well. Everythng else was the same as the regular GS

roadscholar

The GS Sport was made in '03 only, comes in yellow only, sans ABS, and I believe it has Adv. tranny ratios, got a couple buddies that have'em.

roadscholar

Hey Dave. :wave:

Did you get a new Multistrada? If so, I'd be interested in hearing about it. And I see what you meant about the WR, pretty amazing little bugger.

Yep, got it, now trying to keep quiet about it so I don't become one of those, "I bought this so everyone should get one, because it is great"! LOL

I hardly ever ride the WR, but can not bring myself to sell it, really a go anywhere even cruise at 65 for a short while bike. They drained my lake (bout a mile away) and I took the WR out to look at my old fishing spots, pretty interesting to see how it looks without water. Could go for miles.

I guess the Multi (still new and in break-in can not exceed 7k till 1550 miles) is like the Tiger only lighter (at least weight lower) and twice the hp at least it feels like it. Runs rougher (we are working on getting that fixed) 2800 to 3800 rpm than the Tiger, but pulls like a horse. Standard comes with DTC and you need it tho I have not yet. You are just a slight twist of the throttle hand away from wheel spin in a turn without.

We have bonded with 885 miles as of this morning after 50 mile ride with SO, it passed the 2up test (big deal). Panniers ordered along with heated grips.

The GS Sport was made in '03 only, comes in yellow only, sans ABS, and I believe it has Adv. tranny ratios, got a couple buddies that have'em.

Yes, it does have the ADV tranny ratios, which is basically a lower 1st gear and, if memory serves, a slightly lower 6th. Desirable ratios if you're going to offroad a bit, as well as cruise down the highway with half an REI catalog's worth of camping gear strapped to the back.

You gettin' that itch again, Whip? Or you just trying to stay up with Marty?

roadscholar

I guess the Multi (still new and in break-in can not exceed 7k till 1550 miles) is like the Tiger only lighter (at least weight lower) and twice the hp at least it feels like it. Runs rougher (we are working on getting that fixed) 2800 to 3800 rpm than the Tiger, but pulls like a horse. Standard comes with DTC and you need it tho I have not yet. You are just a slight twist of the throttle hand away from wheel spin in a turn without.

We have bonded with 885 miles as of this morning after 50 mile ride with SO, it passed the 2up test (big deal). Panniers ordered along with heated grips.

Nice.

7k break-in? I think that's about redline on the GS :)

Yes, it does have the ADV tranny ratios, which is basically a lower 1st gear and, if memory serves, a slightly lower 6th. Desirable ratios if you're going to offroad a bit, as well as cruise down the highway with half an REI catalog's worth of camping gear strapped to the back.

You gettin' that itch again, Whip? Or you just trying to stay up with Marty?

No itch... The one I saw had a 17 inch front wheel. It looked like it was made that way???????

Archived