IGNORED

2011 Unrally rumor!!!

philbytx

So that's it? I come to BRR, hang out and ply various people with liquid refreshment and maybe I find out about the Unrally?

I just maybe will get back on my bicicleta and join you then.

Bruce

So that's it? I come to BRR, hang out and ply various people with liquid refreshment and maybe I find out about the Unrally?

Bruce

I did say maybe.... :rofl:

Bruce

:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
Lone_RT_rider

Bruce

:rofl:

Just start singing the song..... B double E double R you N... and Matt may soften up a bit, just maybe. :)

But I have to get there and back, probably take longer than the time I would be there. Asheville is currently 83F with 65% humidity - right on the edge of voluntarily unbearable. The UN in West Virginia was utterly miserable.

Hmm, Cody, WY: 77F and 36%, that's more like it.

??????????????????????

I thought it was just delightful.

But then again, I live in S. Illinois.

Hope it is not the same week as the MOA rally like it was this year.

A little bird told me something about that time frame...

A little bird told me something about that time frame...

Yet this year at the UN it seemed many (who were actually going to the MOA) liked the overlap so both could be done in a week.

Not syaing that is my pref, just saying...

We already know most of the details...

Shawn and I had a super secret double blind conference call the other night while I was walking through the car parts store.

The when part....

Ok, I'll give you a few details

Later on....

Yet this year at the UN it seemed many (who were actually going to the MOA) liked the overlap so both could be done in a week.

Worked out great for me! Went to the MOA after the UN and had a set of Ohlins put on the bike then headed up to Seattle.

I am flying back to Seattle next Wednesday to pick up the bike and will ride back via Glacier, Yosemite, Grand Tetons, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, up over Lake Michigan and Lake Erie through Canada to Niagara Falls then to a rally in Watkins Glen, NY before heading to DC. smile

Bob,

Just follow my bread crumb trail, If your trip is going to include a stop over in Duluth to visit the good folks at Aero stich. Heed this warning if you are traveling west on 2, GPS plotted route to veer off Rt.2 (65mph) on to Rt.191 (55mph) While traveling less than 200ft on said rd. the on coming undercover lit up as did my radar detector, leo quickly pulled over to right letting following traffic pass. Indicated was 67MPH I thought OK and continued on my way quickly realizing I had company he followed for about a mile or minute. Turned on the pull over lights I quickly pulled over, removed my gloves as quickly as possible placed them on my radar detector in hope to hide from enforcement.

officer: Do you know how fast you was going.

ME: Yes sir 65MPH

Officer: The speed limit on this road is 55mph, you were traveling 71mph license please.

ME: Sorry I did not see the sign (probabaly because I was paying attention to you abruptly swerving to the right) by any chance are you giving fellow civil Servants breaks today?

Officer: With a glaring look again he requested my license.

Ok with that said forty dollars for speeding eight-five dollars court cost and two dollars for paying with credit card. Hope insurance company never finds out. The strangest part of this whole episode was the effect it had on my throttle control for the next 48hr.

Bob,

Just follow my bread crumb trail, If your trip is going to include a stop over in Duluth to visit the good folks at Aero stich. Heed this warning if you are traveling west on 2, GPS plotted route to veer off Rt.2 (65mph) on to Rt.191 (55mph) While traveling less than 200ft on said rd. the on coming undercover lit up as did my radar detector, leo quickly pulled over to right letting following traffic pass. Indicated was 67MPH I thought OK and continued on my way quickly realizing I had company he followed for about a mile or minute. Turned on the pull over lights I quickly pulled over, removed my gloves as quickly as possible placed them on my radar detector in hope to hide from enforcement.

officer: Do you know how fast you was going.

ME: Yes sir 65MPH

Officer: The speed limit on this road is 55mph, you were traveling 71mph license please.

ME: Sorry I did not see the sign (probabaly because I was paying attention to you abruptly swerving to the right) by any chance are you giving fellow civil Servants breaks today?

Officer: With a glaring look again he requested my license.

Ok with that said forty dollars for speeding eight-five dollars court cost and two dollars for paying with credit card. Hope insurance company never finds out. The strangest part of this whole episode was the effect it had on my throttle control for the next 48hr.

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Worked out great for me! Went to the MOA after the UN and had a set of Ohlins put on the bike then headed up to Seattle.

I am flying back to Seattle next Wednesday to pick up the bike and will ride back via Glacier, Yosemite, Grand Tetons, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, up over Lake Michigan and Lake Erie through Canada to Niagara Falls then to a rally in Watkins Glen, NY before heading to DC. smile

I know many folks got to do both. I'm committed to putting on the Chartered Club Leadership Summit on Wednesday. So I have to be there by at least Tuesday and then volunteer on registration on Thursday so it takes up UN time if they are the same week.

However, for the thousands of others who make the UN, it works out real well. :grin:

Archived