IGNORED

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK to ARIZONA

ully211

Looking for advice on how to maximize my ride south from Yellowstone through Idaho and Utah. Looking to hit as many national parks as I can, but want to get the incredible rides I've read about so much here on the board (Moab, etc).

Will be in Glacier on Tuesday and then head south to Yellostone on Wednesday. I have from Thursday through Sunday or Monday to ride Idaho and Utah -- thinking 4 days should be incredible!!!

Would appreciate any advice from any/all of you! Thanks in advance.

South of Yellowstone (aaprox.) includes...

If you want some northern Idaho... find a way to ride Lolo Pass Hwy 12 from Lolo, MT to Graingeville, ID

Hwy 93 from Lolo to Salmon, ID

Teton N.P. Jackson, WY

Star Valley

Logan to/from Bear Lake Hwy 89

Mirror Lake Hwy to/from Evanston to Kamas on Hwy 150

Wolf Creek Pass

Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons near SLC.

Fairview, UT to Huntington...Huntington Canyon...

Nebo Loop

Sweeper Madness

Torrey, UT area

Hwy 12 to/from Boulder

Burr Trail (paved part)

other than that not too much to see....

From W. Yellowstone to PHX - 5 days that will leave your head spinning

Or you can exit the park through the South, see the Tetons, and pick the route up at Jackson. If you are on GS's and feel you have the time, do an up and back on the Cora rd near Daniel and Pinedale. Go to the end, about 40 miles, to Green River Lakes. The view will kill ya.

From Cooke City to PHX

Not very familiar with the part after Cody to Ft Collins - I just let Google fill that part in. The rest is good.

Arizona_oldguy

So's a convection oven.

Stay behind your fairing, wear lots of clothing and drink plenty of water. It is amazing to stick an un-gloved hand out into the air at 105+ and 85 mph!

I ride every day in Tucson, and we are ten degrees cooler than Phoenix most of the time due to altitude. When driving through Phoenix at 113+ you will have a very hard time keeping hydrated.

Last august I went through Phoenix at 2:30 AM and it was over 102 F. No exaggeration.

Glenn

Not at the moment...monsoons are here so instead of 7% humidity it is 80A% at times or more. And the monsoons come w/o warning. They are devastating when they do. My advice is the heat is not a good thing here......dry or monsoons. It is a killer. Just ask the 1500 or so illegals who were found dead in our deserts.

Arizona_oldguy

You are right about the humidity Dave, I soaked my shirt and went for a fifteen minute ride this evening, and it sure didn't dry out! Or keep me cool.

Glenn

thanks for all of the help folks. Great ride today down to Kemmerville/Davidsonville, WY. We're heading to Grand Junction tomorrow to see an old friend, so I'll try and catch as much as you've listed on the way there, and south.

Archived