IGNORED

The Official Un-Check-In Thread

Firefight911

Firefight911

Well the Un was fantastic! I am so glad I got to see everyone that was around during my 4 hour visit to Topaz!! :grin: Glad I got to surprise everyone!! :wave:

Have fun, be safe, see y'all in Torrey!!!! :wave:

Firefight911

Well, that's a wrap.....for me. :cry:

I'm home after my huge commute back from Topaz. I so wish I could still be there!! But, alas, there was no way to secure the next two days off from work so I'm back on shift for 48 hours starting tomorrow morning. I also have to leave the house tomorrow morning at 4AM to take Hot Jamie to the airport for her business trip to TX.

Thanks to Dave and Michael for chairing a fantastic event. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in pulling yet another great BMWST event off. I was proud to get to play a role, albeit a small one.

Newbies, veterans, old guys, hot chicks, mofrackers, and wait staff that will whip you in to shape if you don't give them what they want, and pronto! You really couldn't ask for more.

It was so wonderful seeing everyone, talking, laughing, sharing life stories, and just plain catching up. It was an emotional UN for me. After all the events of the last year and a half how could it not be. Who would ever have thunk that Hannabone could make a grown man cry.

Thanks everyone! We'll see you all soon!!!!!

Oh, and, of course, one couldn't possibly go to an UNevent and not experience Richard going for a ride, having his ride partners (Mr & Mrs. Caddis) show up all ready to go........and Richard not be even close to ready. And, yes, there are pics so it happened, again! I guess he needed sleep......just like his bike!

In from the UN at Noon. Non-eventful rode home after some brake problems at the UN.

Thanks to all that I met, and look forward to meeting others at UN events in the future.

A well-deserved Bravo!! to the organizers at this year's UN. Simply great!!!

Bob

Back into Sacto for some real heat. I miss the cool of the Sierras already.

Ditto Shaman97 comments on the perfect UN.

BeniciaRT_GT

Home about 16:30... Left JoeG on his way to SF proper about 10 miles from my house!

HOT!!!

What an OUTstanding Un. Well done Sage, Dave, and all you other folks who made it happen and be so wonderful!!!

I can't describe how much fun it was and how nice, as always, to see so many wonderful people!

Hopz and Mrs Hops departed Topaz Lodge at 5:30am Pacific... Decided to take the Hwy 50 back instead of I-80. Glad we did.

All fine and safely back in the barn at Casa Hopz 6:00pm Pacific, 603 miles. Bike ran great and seems to be getting even better.

So great to see all the UN'ers and double Bravos for such a well planned and executed UN. That sets the standard....Thanks again to all the Organizers.

Home around 5:30. Dropped off Peter and Jane. Was sure good to see some old familiar faces again. Been too long.

We arrived home about 4:45PM this afternoon, being transported there by Doug and Linda. We then rushed to pick up our dog from the dog groomer after being taken there by his dog-sitter.

A collective thanks to the organizers of this very successful event.

A special thanks to Tom, Boney, for transporting us to the hospital yesterday, and sitting around while they looked for a cat to do a cat scan. To Mike, Sagerider, for the use of his car to transport us, then his trailering our bike to his place today for safekeeping until we can pick it up. Also to Doug and Linda for transporting us home.

As usual, it was good to meet old friends and meet new ones, although there were others we didn't get a chance to say hello to or meet. Maybe next time. That's how it usually goes.

Peter and Jane

The Missus and I back home about 6:30 PM after a stop in Pioneer to say Happy Birthday to our nephew. Air Conditioner died in Gustine, but not too far to the top of Pacheco Pass and cooler weather. 65 degrees on the coast as we blasted in past Monterey, then 72 at home.

Enjoyed the gathering- dont get to see folks nearly as often as we would like to.

Huge Kudos to Dave, Michael and their better halves for all the effort- it made for a great time !!

Firefight911
We arrived home about 4:45PM this afternoon, being transported there by Doug and Linda. We then rushed to pick up our dog from the dog groomer after being taken there by his dog-sitter.

A collective thanks to the organizers of this very successful event.

A special thanks to Tom, Boney, for transporting us to the hospital yesterday, and sitting around while they looked for a cat to do a cat scan. To Mike, Sagerider, for the use of his car to transport us, then his trailering our bike to his place today for safekeeping until we can pick it up. Also to Doug and Linda for transporting us home.

As usual, it was good to meet old friends and meet new ones, although there were others we didn't get a chance to say hello to or meet. Maybe next time. That's how it usually goes.

Peter and Jane

Uhh, WHAT!!!!!?????

I am home and it is downright cool at 56 degrees... but its a dry 56.

Thanks to all the folks who helped make this a wonderful event.

So many new faces, I think I intro'ed myself to Claus 3 times, hahahahaha.

Sue and I caravanned most of the way home yesterday, but somehow got separated in Kramer Jct. However, we spoke on the phone and she made it home at 5:45 and I was home at 5.

Holy cow it was hot in my UNairconditioned jeep yesterday! Jeep was so fun and great for the first part of the journey, but once we dropped down in elevation...dang! Lady said it was 107 in Kramer Jct (near Victorville). I was dousing myself in water just as if I was on the bike, and wishing I had my hoon cooler! SOOOOOO happy to see the rain on the way home! Made it much cooler. Could have done without the lightning strikes causing brush fires though!

So good to see you all again. Fernando, I missed you before you left. Sorry we didn't get to yap more.

Howard, how was Kit-kat? ;)

Back in the bay area after riding over the sonora pass. That was a thrill/seeing the sand in the first gear turn! Enjoyed coffee at the Bovine Bakery in Point Reyes this am. :grin:

Left the Sierras and am now at the MOA Rally in OR.

At the MOa rally myself. Got here yesterday about 5:00PM. Looking for EffBee at the Gerbings booth but so far haven't seen him. I've run into several BMWST folks here already, in fact, one (Bells?) is sitting next to me here at the Cyber Cafe.

I was told to watch my speed in Oregon but a local blew past me in a Dodge Ram and I sped up to pace him. I guess he didn't like that and we spent several miles at near and above triple digits. That gets the blood pumping. I slowed down before he did and he left me in his dust. The GPS and my speedo are several mph different.

Zweiradfreak

The rally was great had lot of fun riding up there and talking to people. Got home save and sound at nice three digit temps here in the foothills of the west side of the Sierras.

Franz

Got to the MOA in Redmond yesterdayat 4:00 after a warm 10 hr. ride. We rode most of the way with Ken and Kate (from Chicago) who are also at the Rally on their way to Alaska. Ray (from NY) is camping right along side our group from the River City Beemers. Just bumped into Wade (from WA) too.

We're celebrating Janet's birthday tonight. (It's the 39th anniversary of her 21st birthday.) :D Sunday we head to Glacier on our way to Jasper NP, Canada.

We had a blast doing the UN and look forward to seeing you all again soon! :wave:

Dennis Andress

Laney and I got home about 1:00 pm on Friday.Where did ya'll go? It was real quiet around Topaz Lake yesterday afternoon.

I talked with Endobobdds this morning. Sierra BMW had the needed slave cylinder for his RS. They had him back on the road about 2:00 pm Thursday. He got to the MOA about 8:30 that night.

Boney: I'm not sure how to apply this to a motorcycle, but while living in Alaska I learned to put the winch on the back of the truck so I could get out of where I shouldn't be...

Dennis

Firefight911

Boney: I'm not sure how to apply this to a motorcycle, but while living in Alaska I learned to put the winch on the back of the truck so I could get out of where I shouldn't be...

Dennis

Hi, my name is winch! I like to take long walks in the mountains, retrieve friends motorcycles from places they shouldn't be.........

We're going to retrieve it early tomorrow.

Boney my be known as road wife but, I may now be called road winch! :)

Dennis

Hi, my name is wench! I like to take long walks in the mountains, retrieve friends motorcycles from places they shouldn't be.........

We're going to retrieve it early tomorrow.

Boney my be known as road wife but, I may now be called road wench! :)

Fixed it for ya !!! :rofl:

I arrived home at 1:00 MST. I'd considered doing a marathon run to get back home but after a long, hot ride Grand Junction, CO, looked awful good. The second leg of the trip was uneventful with the exception of running into not one but two CHP radar traps just twenty minutes from home.

Many thanks to the tireless UN organizers for yet another job incredibly well done! :thumbsup:

Well not exactly home yet.

Spent Friday night at Richard and Jacqueline's place in Benecia.

Road out to the coast and up highway#1 to Fort Brag for the night.

Will have to start really moving to make it home!

You can track our progress Here

Thanks again to all the UN Organizers, we had a great time meeting old and new friends.

Andy & Kristina.

Got home today about 20:35 tonight. Made it in one hot 500 mile shot through the 110*F heat.

GREAT UnRally!!! :clap:

Got to the MOA in Redmond yesterdayat 4:00 after a warm 10 hr. ride. We rode most of the way with Ken and Kate (from Chicago) who are also at the Rally on their way to Alaska.

Well we were until Kate's universal is in question. Don't know what to do at this point.

Was great to see all of you again, next Unrally we may be on a diffrent brand........

Brant Herbert

Just got in after long 800 mi day starting in the cool fog of the PCH from Monterey ending in Phoenix where it was still 96 deg at 11:00 p.m. :( Had a great time. :)

Thanks Micheal and Dave and Team. A-1 production.

had a great time, ran into some cold rough weather with tornado warnings last night had to shut it down 2 hours from home, rolled in this morning at 8:00am

640 mi on thursday, 820mi on friday and 120mi to finish it this morning

Far from home, but then that was the plan. LRider and I (and our wives) are now in Sausalito CA, after spending two nights in Oakhurst exploring Yosemite NP. Certainly is cooler on the coast.

Thanks to Dave and Michael -- and all those who helped -- for putting on a great event. Well done.

PhillyFlash

Arrived home around 1:40 pm on Saturday. Craig C made it to his house around the same time. Left Topaz at 7:00 am on Saturday, and took 88 through the Sierras. Brant broke off from us early in the afternoon to take a different route to the coast. Craig and I got separated in traffic near Monterey, but hooked up again on the coast at Morro Bay for the night. Friday went to Hollywood to visit Craig's daughter who works at the old Roosevelt Hotel right on Hollywood Blvd., where we ended up spending the night. Great dinner at the hotel, then wondered Hollywood Blvd. at night to do some people watching. Left at 7 am today, and rode through high heat and humidity all the way home (got up to about 112 degrees). Pretty exhausting, but we're home safe and sound.

Great seeing everyone at the Un. Thanks to the organizers for putting on a very good UnEvent.

Caddis and Mrs. Caddis made it home, although we are pretty baked from the heat. I'm sure glad we had jumper cables, as Eileen's new battery died, or perhaps isn't getting charged properly. I will probably be posting a few questions later on how to diagnose the issue.

It was good meeting lots of new people and putting faces to some names.

BeniciaRT_GT
Is there an official Post-Your-Photo site?

I'm waiting for some vicarious enjoyment here......

Nothing yet Doc, but check the "without pics" thread... There are a few there.

Just got in. I had fun meeting some of you. Good job making a n00b feel welcome.

It was a great ride getting there

938241344_aCRMG-M-1.jpg

Look what Al made me

938233677_69A3h-M.jpg

Was great riding up at Redmond

938233884_WEpZw-M-1.jpg

Bronx Cheer

The UN was fun. Many thanks to the organizers. You guys ROCK!

After Topaz spent a few days camping in Northern California and Oregon. Spent a few hours at Crater Lake before going to the MOA. Made it home yesterday afternoon after many hours of stop and go construction hold ups on I-15 in 98 degree heat.

A wedding today and back to reality tomorrow.

Great trip..

Back last night, had a great time. I know it was basically in my backyard but I hadn't actually been out there in a long time.

Will have my pictures in a few days :)

Draftermike

Home in great shape, just can't get the smile off my face is all. Can't say enough about how everything came together so well; the area, the roads, the facilities, and of course especially the people!

Sorry I missed seeing you at the unrally. I had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones. Probably won't be going to Torrey in September since I'm at a new school.

Take care.

Jennifer

Kathy and I are still out here....From Topaz to the MOA and some great scenic mountain riding and then on up to Battle Ground (Vancouver) Wn. to spend a couple of days with friends...Heading south toward home tomorrow.....Good weather and not too hot (yet!!!)......

Thanks to Michael, Dave and everyone that did all the work on the UN :thumbsup:........Kathy and I had a great time seeing folks we've met before and putting faces and real people to the many we see on the site all the time....

Archived