IGNORED

Hey--Where's the "Official Excited Chatter Thread"????

KMG_365

I'm certainly getting excited! I've been working 80+ hour weeks for months and more is in the future until I leave (and even more when I get back). I NEED this UnRally like oxygen.

Where's PaperButt's infectious giggling?? I need some help here, girl! Can't you find someone to house sit for you?? :dopeslap:

Am I the ONLY one getting EXCITED here?!?!?!?!?!??????? :clap:

Next thing you know he'll be riding a motorcycle.

:/

I'm past excited and we don't leave for a week.

After some medical stuff and calendar changes led to cancelling the last two, I'm sighched.

Paul Mihalka

Well, over the weekend the bike got new tires and a oil/filter change, bike runs so well it's almost scary (now I did it). This morning I packed one saddlebag with stuff, tools, electric jacket (don't leave home without it). Oh, but I'm not excited, no way...

As done before, this Saturday come to work all packed. Sneack out in the afternoon, first stop Youngstown, OH.

Note: This thread could be merged with "Let's roll!"

I'm ready! Lets go!

Change of plans, my baby brother decides it's that time of his life to get married. So July 9th will find me in the Mesa area instead of a nice ride down the coast; He's a good kid and worth it, besides I don't want to be forgotten in my parents will :dopeslap:

Now I have to figure out a different route to Topaz on Sat/Sun and not melt my lily white Pacific NW @ss in the process :eek: . I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends :thumbsup: and making some new ones.

I'm certainly getting excited! I've been working 80+ hour weeks for months and more is in the future until I leave (and even more when I get back). I NEED this UnRally like oxygen.

I too have been working 12+ hour days and then staying up late planning routes, packing, dreaming, etc.

I "need" to get on the motorcycle to meditate, relax and recharge!

See you all soon. :clap:

I'm so excited that I'm going to play hookie from work so I can leave this Sat instead of Tuesday. I have no idea of what route I am going to take, was hoping to join a pied piper run but one never materialized!

Guess I will let my daughter navigate and see where we end up!

Andy.

Yeah; i noticed too Paper Butt isn't saying much, and shes not registered to come! what gives here?....

Well on a Brighter NOTE : TADA we have a "north of 49 CHOO CHOO run" ...

so far Self and ALAKE, and MIKERC just joined us this week...

Brant Herbert

Life and work derailed me from hanging out here much the last couple years. Too long. ... So, collecting my touring gear, getting the bike ready, definitely looking forward to some quality "me time" and seeing some old friends. Yup, I'm excited!!! :)

Ooh. And post #1100. Must be a good omen! :D

Question, should we wash the new champagne flutes before we leave, or after arriving? :rofl:

Liftoff for me and LRider is first light Tuesday the 6th:

Day 1 -- Medina OH (aka Cleveland);

Day 2 -- St. Charles MO (aka St. Louis);

Day 3 -- Hays KS (aka, umm Hays, Kansas);

Day 4 -- Grand Junction CO;

Day 5 -- Ely NV;

Day 6 -- Topaz Lake.

Would someone please fluff my pillow before I get there?

Yeah; i noticed too Paper Butt isn't saying much, and shes not registered to come! what gives here?....

Santa, I've been a bad, bad, girl.

Sorry I didn't post here, although did elsewhere in my confusion.

I found a house, unexpectedly, 3 weeks ago and I am closing tomorrow.

Therefore, instead of riding I'll be cleaning walls, priming and painting.

Moving in around the 3rd weekend in July, if I get everything ready.

The timing couldn't be worse...but it is a house...and if you know me that means only ONE THING...

THERE IS GOING TO BE A DOGGIE IN THE PB HOUSEHOLD VERY SOON

I'll be thinking of you all and missing you all terribly.

I have a stand-in to take my place as an UN greeter

You won't be able to miss him

:rofl:

Nice n Easy Rider

Kathy,

I'm sure you'll post pics of any new doggie as soon as they join the family so we'll all be looking forward to them. In the meantime, don't work too hard on the house - sit back with a nice glass of wine and enjoy your new home.

The timing couldn't be worse...but it is a house...and if you know me that means only ONE THING...

:(

We will certainly miss you! Will your stand in be giving each of us a hug? :grin:

We will certainly miss you! Will your stand in be giving each of us a hug? :grin:

Be careful what you ask for... :grin: ( :wave: you know who...)

Shucks!

No hugs for your stand in from me. Well, unless it's John Robert or Richard, or Ron, or Tank, or Paul, or Marty (wait, no, not Marty) . . . hmmnnnnn . . . I'm not being too picky, am I?

Well, I hate to say it, but enjoy making your new house your own, and making it into Home. The only way to do that is with sweat and labor so that when you look around, you see yourself.

It's OK, I have it on no authority that it wii be the Unhosue next year on the Pied Piper Run.

Two wheels good.

Two legs good.

4 legs better.

Dogs are better.

yA kNOW I was wondering about the "Excited Chatter Thread" just yesterday...I guess I shoulda posted something.

Aw well - good on ya for getting me up and ready.

Big fam reunion around Branson, MO this weekend.

Trying to get that figured in...along with all the stuff I still need to pack.

My PhysTherapist thinks I should be the poster boy for their shop - I've come soooo far from when I stepped in 3 wks ago/6 total sessions.

Like so good they are releasing me as of my 6th session today...but an untimely low back accident just 2 days ago have me wondering if it all went down the drain.

We'll know more after today.

As for right now -

I'm STOKED.!

I cannot wait to see/talk to all of you and even with the PButt no show - we'll AT LEAST have a beer or two.

Okay - no where is that collapsible cooler...?

L E T T H E G A M E S B E G I N

The HUGS! who is going to do your hugs? enjoy the house it becomes a millstone around the neck way to fast...

bmwdave152

Shucks!

No hugs for your stand in from me. Well, unless it's John Robert or Richard, or Ron, or Tank, or Paul, or Marty (wait, no, not Marty) . . . hmmnnnnn . . . I'm not being too picky, am I?

Well, I hate to say it, but enjoy making your new house your own, and making it into Home. The only way to do that is with sweat and labor so that when you look around, you see yourself.

It helps to have a significant other pushing.

We are both excited.....and still garnering ideas from our most excellent and worthy Organizers for rides and munchie places :clap: :clap:

Firefight911
Just got my pre-ride haircut. All set to go on Tuesday morning.

Dude, seriously, this is an informal affair! No reason to go get all dolled up for it!

Paul Mihalka

The HUGS! who is going to do your hugs?

We've draft BeniciaRT-GT (Richard) to be our huggy bear!

May I trade Richard for Jaqueline? Or both? :grin:

not acceptable, the contract guarantees that All hugs are provided by Kathy R.(paper butt) bear hugs by Rich just don't cut it.... :cry:

Just got my pre-ride haircut. All set to go on Tuesday morning.

Dude, seriously, this is an informal affair! No reason to go get all dolled up for it!

This will be my fourth; I know how particular this august group is, especially the California crowd! Also, better in the heat. I'm just glad I've got hair to cut. :grin:

I'm seriously going to have to stop reading the UN thread because it's KILLING ME :cry:

I think I'll go get a haircut and wear my helmet while I wash walls tomorrow.

In a word

157615776-L.jpg

no.

227102084-XL.jpg

Out of courtesy, I didn't post a certain bathing suit picture.

:eek:

I don't think anyone in this thread has a corner on exitement! I finish packing tomorrow and will be hauling my dirt bike and RT to Colorado for a little off-road ride in the mountains at the end of July. Until then, it's just me and the RT and the Un-rally is just the beginning! Hurry up Monday!

All that stuff can be done after the UN.

easier to paint before the house is full of furniture

had them run clippers through the curly locks... pre un test run this morning... and the clock is ticking down to friday noon.

OK, I'm finally starting to get excited. I'm actually figuring out what I am going to pack several days in advance instead of 8:00 p.m. the night before we are supposed to depart at 0-dark-thirty! :Cool:

Packing now. Departing home 5:20 a.m. tomorrow (Tuesday), meeting up with LRider (Rod) at a Shell station at 5:40 then heading south for the border (about an hour) and crossing at the Prescott ON-Ogdensburg NY bridge. I need to go south to beat the heat -- it's 34C here today (about 93F).

Tick tick.. tick tock...tock tock... is it just me or is time slowing down?

FYI: for those riding through TEJAS. The week forecast is calling for a chance of rain thursday and friday :(

ya'll don't forget the rain gear

Hey everyone, can't wait to see you all again (Brant!? Man, it's been forever!).

Just me this time, so you don't have to put up with unfortunately won't get to visit with Russell this time!

Looking forward to it. I'm jeeping up there, so we'll see how that adventure goes. It's been too long for me off the bike to attempt a solo trip up there!

Kathy, I agree with everyone else; get your paperbutt out here and paint and move furniture later! :)

And I just saw this headline today:

"Queen Elizabeth II to address UN and visit Ground Zero "

So, wow, they sure do have some fancy entertainment lined up for us for this year's UN...

:grin:

See y'all there!

Marty Hill

Hey Lisa, be good to see you again. Just park behind the white 12GS. :dopeslap:

PS, who needs Russell? :rofl:

Will do, Marty, I'll block you in really good! :)

Oh man, suddenly I miss Gleno; his Marty impersonation was HI-larious! :rofl:

It will be good to see you again. It seems like it's been forever!

Marty Hill

Last year at torrey/spring or fall. Don't think you guys were at both. I wish I had seen the G-MANS impersonation! Only he could have done it!!! :thumbsup:

We will always miss Gleno! :cry:

AdventurePoser

I've been sitting in the oven in the kitchen to begin acclimating for our ride through the central valley and deserts...NOW I am excited!

At least it'll be a dry heat! :rofl:

Steve in So Cal

You guys be safe and have fun, wish we could come this year! :clap: I look forward to reading the ride tales and seeing pics!

Jacqueline

I'm getting excited :clap::clap::clap:

Richard and I will be pulling out Sunday morning. :grin: It's not a long ride to the UN, but it's going to be a long commute (for me) to work. :grin:

24 hours to lift off.... pack the bags tonight, ride to tank and check tire pressures, clear the road santa is comin through

Looking forward to seeing some old acquaintances next week. Yo Marty! Sorry Kathy can't make it. I know Roger and Gleno will be there in spirit. I think of them often.

Archived