IGNORED

Let's Roll!

TEWKS

I see Mr. B has posted he's out the door! :thumbsup: Tomorow morning at 5:am my garage door goes up.

Even though I ride

through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no final drive failure,

for you are with me;

your rod and your staff & torque wrench,

they comfort me.

You prepare a table of beef before me

in the presence of my friends.

You anoint my head with 75/90 Synthetic oil;

my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me

all the days of my ride,

and I will dwell in the house of BMW forever.

Have a safe ride everyone!

Pat

Amen brother Pat. Safe and adventurous ride to you and Ray and everyone! I cannot wait to see the photos!

Jeez Pat, you're leaving early. Planning on getting out of second gear? :grin:

I'm leaving at the crack of dawn on Tuesday with my friend Rod. We plan to be in Topaz Lake on Sunday. Have a good ride.

I see Mr. B has posted he's out the door! :thumbsup: Tomorow morning at 5:am my garage door goes up.

Even though I ride

through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no final drive failure,

for you are with me;

your rod and your staff & torque wrench,

they comfort me.

You prepare a table of beef before me

in the presence of my friends.

You anoint my head with 75/90 Synthetic oil;

my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me

all the days of my ride,

and I will dwell in the house of BMW forever.

Have a safe ride everyone!

Pat

Amen :rofl:

NE weather right now is better than perfect !! Although, just north or Texas is looking grim. Tropical storm stuff.

Hope you scoot right through !!

Have a great ride Pat ! Wish I was with ya!

Left Wednesday morning. Friday night and I'm sitting in a nice little motel just east of Yellowstone after doing a 400 mile loop of the Bighorns, Beartooth Pass and Chief Joseph Highway. Tomorrow, Yellowstone and then north to Glacier.

Oh, did I mention I'm having a great time? Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Left Wednesday morning. Friday night and I'm sitting in a nice little motel just east of Yellowstone after doing a 400 mile loop of the Bighorns, Beartooth Pass and Chief Joseph Highway. Tomorrow, Yellowstone and then north to Glacier.

Sounds like a great ride, Ron. See you in Topaz Lake.

Paul Mihalka

History repeats itself. I posted this exactly 6 years ago, on Saturday July 3 2004:

I am at work. Bike is outside, all packed, ready to roll. This afternoon, as early as possible, I'm gone.

Off to Cody! (The looong way :) )

For today's post all I have to do is to change "Cody" to "Topaz Lake". Ready to roll!

Ya'll have a great ride! Seeya at the UN...

[i'm leaving at the crack of dawn on Tuesday with my friend Rod. We plan to be in Topaz Lake on Sunday. Have a good ride.

Looking forward to heading out with Mark to my first UN!!!

Paul Mihalka

Greetings from Menomonie WI. Two days of riding, as good as it gets making miles on Interstates. Just had a nice dinner at "Das Bierhaus", a micro-brewery and restaurant. More miles tomorrow.

Had miserable weather yesterday on Going To The Sun road and still had a great day. Glacier NP rocks! Stayed the night in Kalispell and heading west this morning. Will be in Pacific Time in a few hours. Everyone, have a great ride!

Oh...and Marty, have a great flight! :wave:

Had miserable weather yesterday on Going To The Sun road and still had a great day. Glacier NP rocks! Stayed the night in Kalispell and heading west this morning. Will be in Pacific Time in a few hours. Everyone, have a great ride!

Ron: how was the construction on the "going to the Sun"? the Montana road report had it listed with construction delays ...

Left DC 6:00 AM Friday 7/2/10. Mostly 2 lane road through WV,KY, IN,IL, MO then I-70 across CO.

Had hail storm just north of Colorodo Springs that stopped me for about 2 hours. The hail was the size of golf balls. Fortunately the storm started while I was at a gas station and undercover! The streets looked like it had been snowing.

Three motorcycles and a couple of pickup trucks pulled in shortly after me that had major dents all over their vehicles.

Luck was with me! Another day of riding in CO then off to UT and Nevada.

yOU aRE a blessed man...wish I were with ya, Raaaaaaaan.!

See ya in a few days.

Paul Mihalka

Greatings from Minot ND. Another good day, last 200 miles on two-lanes. A few thunderstorms around me, but I only got the strong wind from them.

This morning 6.30 am one of Wisconsin's finest stopped me. 79 in 65. Older guy, gruff, no conversation, but gave me a warning. Who's goingto complain?

Tomorow Montana.

Ron: how was the construction on the "going to the Sun"? the Montana road report had it listed with construction delays ...

There were quite a few sections of torn-up road at the top, mostly on the east side of Logan Pass. Only a few workers since it was a holiday, the traffic was backed up but still moving at an exceptable pace. Can't say what it would be like on a work day.

Paul, are you following me? :Cool:

924711964_CHiQf-L.jpg

924712126_i9rRL-L.jpg

Greatings from Minot ND. Another good day, last 200 miles on two-lanes. A few thunderstorms around me, but I only got the strong wind from them.

This morning 6.30 am one of Wisconsin's finest stopped me. 79 in 65. Older guy, gruff, no conversation, but gave me a warning. Who's goingto complain?

Tomorow Montana.

sPEED dEMON..!

Hurrican Alex is gone, but his mosquitoes and here and attacking in swarms. I taking this as a sign I need to "bug out". Hitting the road early Wednesday morning and moving at a leisurely pace.

... moving at a leisurely pace.

Hope you're moving faster than the skeeters... :grin:

:wave:

No problem there. I will no doubt be decorating the fairing with large numbers of their bodies.

Paul Mihalka

Greetings from Lewiston ID. Yesterday stopped in Choteau MT for the night. Small town, small motel, small restaurant. Exactly what I needed. If anybody thinks Montana is all mountains, should take rt. 2 from North Dakota. Flat and straaaaiiight. Fast two-lane, Speed limit 70, Bless Montana. Some times I felt I am the only one around. Today did not go through Glacier, but went toward Missoula over Rodgers Pass. Temp was in the thirties. Then rt. 12 Lolo pass. Always a beauty. Arriving in Lewiston it was 95f.

Seeya later...

Am in Florence Oregon tonight, about 150 miles from the Californa border. The coast today was cold, foggy and wonderful.

Heat wave???

Predicted high temps for the Calif valley's Raaaaannnn!!!

Stay on the coast as long as possible.

Love that little town of Florence.

cya at the UN

MB>

skinny_tom (aka boney)
Am in Florence Oregon tonight, about 150 miles from the Californa border. The coast today was cold, foggy and wonderful.

Heat wave???

Only on that side of the west-most ridge. Enjoy it while you can.

Marty Hill

A week ago as I rode from the 505 to san francisco the temp dropped from 92 to 76 in less than 25 miles.

t-MINUS 6 hours for liftoff to SE Kansas and meeting up with the Zeigenbein's (*Zig & Zag -- Tim & Lori) and SirRodney.

We then head to Walsenburg, CO early tomorrow morning..then to Torrey, UT & Zion...then Monday to TopazLake.

See y'all in a few days.! wOOT

Lift off in less than 9 hours...

bike is packed & the gear ready!

day 1 Fort Worth to Farmington NM

day 2 farmington to capital reef or Torrey

day 3 to zion

day 4 to topaz...

see ya'll a next week!!!

Now lets see if can get some sleep!

Paul Mihalka

Greatings from Bend OR. Early morning from Lewiston to Enterprise OR on the Rattlesnake grade: wonderful! Visited Wallowa Lake, then headed to La Grande/Baker City/John Day. Great memories! But Ron, I got the heat! Arond John Day and Redmond 100+f! First time I see over 100 on my bike thermometer while rolling. Tomorrow California. I'll try not to spend much time in the valley!

Seeya...

After three days of riding, LRider and I are in Hays, Kansas. The ride from St. Louis was a lot cooler than the first two days. It was also mostly overcast and rain today. Bit of a relief actually. Looks like good weather tomorrow as we head to Grand Junction. Topaz Lake on Sunday.

The cast of usual "hard core" players (riders) heading to the UN is great to see.

Solid bunch you are. :thumbsup:

Cya there.

MB>

Ron - those photos took my breath away.

Continued good riding to you all. Loving the news of your travels.

Kate and I are in Monument Valley tonight, been on the road for a week, very hot and just missing the storms. Heading to Torrey tomorrow, maybe make it to Zion.

I left this morning from Leduc, spent an hour at the Bas Pro Shop in Balzac, visited my grandson in Calgary then headed down to Cardston to tee up with Santa and Mike Cassidy. Awesome trip so far...............except.....I arrived at campsite in Cardston first and found out it is a dry town.............yikes.......a town with no beer, just like the song....I didnt' think it was real

I texted the others to see if they could Pony Express some cold ones on their way but alas no response yet.

A very UNnerving first night at the campsite may be the result.

Look forward to seeing every one in a few days.

The bike has been oiled, tuned, balanced, bleed, belted and cleaned. Now for the challenge of packing for a three week jouney, traveling two-up. (Not for me, mind you. I can get all my stuff in one side case! ;) )

We hit the road tomorrow!!!! The weather forecast looks fantastic. :thumbsup:

Mark,

I went through Grand Junction this afternoon headed toward NV on I70 & RT50, I saw temps in the high 90's and even saw 100 degrees once. It does cool off crossing the passes. Just outside Great Basin Nat'l Park this evening and it's cooled off nicely.

Hope it's cooler for you all tomorrow!

Steve

20 min. to kickstand up.... Foggy here on the coast this morning, next stop Lassen Nat. Park... uh , maybe.. next 10 days days, a real loooooose schedule, with a UNrally in the mix

Made it to Rich and Jacqueline's in Benicia last night. Will be at Topaz Lake tomorrow.

Thought for the day...Redwood forests are über kewl...

929693377_VPA4q-XL.jpg

We're in the beautiful berg of Adelanto! Missing the World Cup 1st place loser's game. :-(

Lone Pine tonight, Topaz Lake tomorrow! Woo Hoo!!! :clap:

Archived