IGNORED

Topaz Lodge Dining Question for all attendees

SageRider

Topaz Lodge has two dining establishments: a cafe and a more upscale Steak House.

The cafe is 24/7 (and is very good), however, the Steak House is currently only scheduled to be open Sunday evening.

Topaz Lodge will open the Steak House for Monday and/or Tuesday evenings if there is enough interest. A complementary dessert is included with each meal.

We need to get into the mid 30s interested persons for a given night to get the Steak House opened. Seating capacity is 40, with earliest dining at 5:30 PM.

Steak House Menu

If interested in dining in the Steak House, please reply to this post and answer the following:

1) Monday evening: number of interested persons.

2) Tuesday evening: number of interested persons.

Thank you!

Michael,

I have some questions:

1. Are there any other dining establishments within walking distance from the lodge?

2. What kind of stuff is on the cafe menu?

3. Any dining establishments within "short" driving distance or who will deliver?

Thanks for your hard work. The Steak House menu looks yummy, but my answer to your question will depend on what other options are available. :grin:

Bullett,

1. No.

2. Menu has changed. I will see if I can get an updated copy to post.

3. 15+ miles. No delivery services that I am aware of.

I will attend / join some of you, not sure Monday or Tuesday.

At 40 seats I'll bet the issue will be having too many per night?

;-)

Michael, here's a consolidated answer for me and LRider:

Monday: nil for the Steak House (the guys will eat in the Cafe);

Tuesday: four people (us and our wives) for the Steak House.

Thanks for doing this.

Two for either! I'm buying for Florida riders. :thumbsup:

(fixed for you)

:/

Beth and I will eat some food also.

Two for either! I'm buying for Florida riders. :thumbsup:

(fixed for you)

:/

Beth and I will eat some food also.

Two for either! :wave:

I'd be happy to buy Beth's dinner, but that tall guy's on his own! :P

alake,

The Steak House will open at 5:30 and can handle multiple seatings.

So handling more than 40 is not a problem. Just not all at the same time.

In for def 1 (poss) 2 either night, Mon or Tues.

I was gonna push on up to Gardnerville 1 night and try the Basque restaurant, so either night would work for me.

MB>

In for either OR both nights. Wife and I dined in the Steakhouse for our anniversary 2 years ago. Onion Soup bloody ROCKED. Steaks were very good. Dessert was fabulous. Price was more than acceptable. Have not dined in the cafe, we were staying at Grover Hot Springs near Markleeville. Would definitely go back to the Steakhouse!

Hawk

SageRider... How far is Minden from Topez Lake ( yeah yeah its on a map... only I don't have one handy)

Isn't there a IN&OUT Burger on 395 in Minden

SageRider... How far is Minden from Topez Lake ( yeah yeah its on a map... only I don't have one handy)

Bill......In-N-Outs website: http://www.in-n-out.com/locations.asp ...Don't see one in Minden just Carson, Reno and Sparks....I have some locations in my GPS as it's hard to pass one up... :grin:

The In-N-Out is on the border between the Carson Valley and Carson City. It is north of Minden by about 10 miles. From Topaz make that 30-35 miles.

Hey Tank,

I've never had one/you lead one day to lunch! :dopeslap:

In for Lunch !!!! :thumbsup:

Michael- 2 for either night or mebbe even both if they do that.....Beef with mebbe a snail appetizer if they have enough alcohol..... :dopeslap:

PhillyFlash

If interested in dining in the Steak House, please reply to this post and answer the following:

1) Monday evening: number of interested persons.

2) Tuesday evening: number of interested persons.

So, Mike, have you made a decision, yet? Just trying to decide if I should pig out on junk food on the way in on Monday, or build an appetite for the best steak I've ever had. This is the best steak ever, right?

(Tuesay is still my preference, though.)

Decision will be made on July 1st. Tuesday is a definite. Will need to check numbers with Topaz Lodge to see if Monday also.

In either case, we will be having a rootbeer float "social" Monday afternoon, so that should help your junk food cravings.

As far was the best steak you've ever had, let's just say that it should definitely trigger a Pavlovian response... :grin::thumbsup:

Archived