IGNORED

Bike won't start

Dan McClure

Dan McClure

I installed a Centech fuse block and run/flash Hyper-lites on my 2010 RT. I first connected the switched power wire to the rear accessory socket. This worked but, the lites remained on after turning the bike off for some time. Apparently the power socket continues to get power after shut down if it's needed. So after searching the forum I found some have connected to the black/yellow wire on the starter relay, I think that's what it is. So I connect to it, turn ignition key on, Lites work as advertised :clap: Try to start bike and all I get is a loud clicking sound like the starter won't in-gauge :( Any ideas?????

Start by discaonnecting, running power for fuse block directly to battery.

Yes, I know others don't do that, but I've seen problems doing it thru the stock wiring and none going directly to battery.

Does your bike have an alarm?

Dan McClure

I disconnected the battery for about 5 minutes and the switched power lead is not connected. No start. There's not an alarm, chip'd keys.

Dan, If I'm reading your last post correctly, the fuse block is now disconnected and you still have problems with the starter engaging? Is it possible your battery is low and needs charging? Do you have a charger or voltage meter you can check the battery with?

Dan McClure

Someone come take all my tools away. I obviously have no mechanical skills. Battery charged, bike starts, lites work, switched wire installed. My wife told me to charge the battery.......ignored her :dopeslap::dopeslap::dopeslap:

Archived