IGNORED

Valentino out for Monza!

Paul Mihalka

Paul Mihalka

Valentino Rossi had a spill in practice, and broke a leg :( .

Pedrosa on pole followed by Lorenzo, Stoner, Hayden, Edwards. I'll watch it in the morning.

That's too bad; watching these guys, you realize that they are almost always on the ragged edge of control -- even, apparently during practice.

John Ranalletta
"It's a more serious fracture than we expected ..." he said.

Costa told reporters that Rossi suffered both a broken fibula and tibia in the crash. If true, he has completely broken his lower leg.

Superbikeplanet
Paul Mihalka

Costa told reporters that Rossi suffered both a broken fibula and tibia in the crash. If true, he has completely broken his lower leg.

Superbikeplanet

In that case I would expect that his hardware collection will put Selden's to shame.

JerryMather

With an injury that bad, is it possible for him to come back this season and be more than a back marker?

I wish him well and gods speed with his recovery.

This could get very interesting in the coming months with him in a cast.

Superbikeplanet

In that case I would expect that his hardware collection will put Selden's to shame.

Regardless, a double leg break already described as "displaced and exposed" may mean a long healing process before Valentino Rossi can ride a motorcycle. Presumably Rossi will undergo surgery where various rods, screws and plates will be installed in his leg to rejoin the broken bones and speed recovery. But rarely do these injuries heal as fast as some expect.

For example, American Aaron Yates suffered a broken tibia and fibula in a crash at Fontana in late March. Yates underwent surgery after the crash to fix the breaks and remove old hardware from previous injuries.

Selden might have a market for his old hardware if it ever comes out . . .

motoguy128

I'm not seeing Rossi having any desire to be a backmarker. I think he might sit out msot of the season and maybe jump back in for the last 3 races at Philip Island, Protugal and one of his favorites... Valencia.

Best case, he misses at least 4 races. But at that point, why rush back into things. He'd have the better part of a 80-100 point deficit in the championship unless Lorenzo get himself inured and Dani crashes one or 2 more times. Then he'd have a shot because it would be anyones to win at that point.

And, it will be Italian hardware. If the break is as bad as described, I can't imagine him returning to race this season, but I'm neither in my 30's nor Rossi.

Archived