IGNORED

I need help in updating a 2730's maps

cali_beemer

cali_beemer

I just bought my new to me 2730 GPS and it has the 2008 maos on it. Since the 2011 maps are out already I believe, I want to update them. Whats involved to do this? How can I use these new maps to work with mapsource? I have a map DVD with teh unit but no unlock code so I am not sure i can even use this with mapsource if its been used on another computer. Will the map update allow me full access?

I have never done an update on any of my GPS units. also, does the POI get updated with the new maps?

Starfighter

Give Garmin support a call.

yes, POI's are updated w/ maps.

you'll probably need to download a new communicator from the Garmin site and.......

I believe that you can download webupdater from the site, then connect your GPS to the computer and it will tell you what software updates you're missing............................

As for maps, I'm not sure you can jump from ...say 2008 to 2011 without buying all in between.........maybe they'll let you buy "lifetime maps" and get them all

Give Garmin a call.I had some trouble once downloading new maps and they just took over my computer remotely and did it for me...

Give Garmin support a call.

yes, POI's are updated w/ maps.

you'll probably need to download a new communicator from the Garmin site and.......

I believe that you can download webupdater from the site, then connect your GPS to the computer and it will tell you what software updates you're missing............................

As for maps, I'm not sure you can jump from ...say 2008 to 2011 without buying all in between.........maybe they'll let you buy "lifetime maps" and get them all

Give Garmin a call.I had some trouble once downloading new maps and they just took over my computer remotely and did it for me...

Yes,you can go directly to the latest update without interval updates.

Not sure NuMaps Lifetime from Garmin will support the 2730,but it works on many models with preloaded maps,such as your 2730 came with.

JR356

John Bentall

Your 2730 runs City Navigator NT which will be covered by the Numaps Lifetime upgrade scheme.

You will need to ask Garmin for an unlock code for the 2008 mapping in order to apply the upgrade. You can skip releases.

The unlock code stops one person buying the latest maps and giving them to someone else (breach of copyright) or even stealing the unit and updating the maps themselves.

Mapsource for the PC is free. POI's will stay on the unit in the POI folder and can be updated using the free POIloader software.

cali_beemer

You will need to ask Garmin for an unlock code for the 2008 mapping in order to apply the upgrade.

What if I bought the Garmin 2011 maps upgrade instead of the numaps. Would I still need to request a unlock code from Garmin?

John Bentall

Numaps and a 2011 upgrade are both upgrades. To get a "proper" unlock code , you would need to buy the mapping from scratch. Your best bet is to ring Garmin and tell them your circumstances. They will often supply an unlock code.

When I sell my 2820, I will write or call Garmin advising them of the name of the new owner.

Archived