IGNORED

Moto Marin closed

MAT2CHI

hillcruiser
Cary says the 'going out of business sale' will be soon. I'm sure we will all be notified.

We all wish Cary and his excellent staff the very best of great fortune for the future.

We live in Napa and looks like we will use A&S. Any comments on the best place to go?

If you live in Napa you do have Santa Rosa BMW ya know?

LINKY

I live in Santa Rosa and will be giving A&S my "local" parts business. When I was looking to buy I first went to SR BMW where the sales woman was sitting on the computer for ten minutes. No one else was in the store. Finally the owner came out. She was initially condescending (Because of my age? I haven't ever seen a rider younger than 50 in that store!) and only became more so as we talked. She tried pushing her only used BMW on me, a K12GT with the hook that it hurt the original owners back. When she figured out after a few minutes I'd never ridden a street bike before she pointed to the non-BMW used bikes outside and told me to ask her sales woman any questions I had, then walked away. I left totally discouraged and pissed.

A few weeks later I was in Marin and decided to swing by then Marin BMW on Castro. The two salesmen were occupied but within minutes of me milling about Cary ran downstairs and talked me up. He lit up when I told him I was considering buying my first bike and in the continuous hour he spent with me we talked about "sales" for maybe a total of five minutes. Upon leaving he wished me luck and told me to call him if I wanted to talk any more. When I walked in a month later he remembered my name and I gladly forked over a healthy chunk of change for my new bike, riding gear and accessories. I had similarly excellent experiences with Deb & Zane before they left the service department.

I know a lot of locals who love SR BMW and their staff and owners but I also know I'm not the only one with poor experiences with them. Santa Rosa has an excellent BMW mechanic in Michael Pettis (Michael's Motorsports on Piner). For any service I can't do I'll see him. As for parts, it's easier and often less expensive and faster for me to order through A&S.

• 9 months later...

Man that's a punch in the gut. Cary here's wishing the new door to open for you brings you all the happiness you deserve. Keep your chin up, brother.

I think you're a year late....... :dopeslap:

He was a close friend of Cary's and has not been on the board in quite some time. He was expressing his sadness. Many of us who know Cary still feel shock and sorrow over this.

beemerman2k

I remember when Short Cut was a regular on these boards. In fact, back in the Spring of 2001, I bought his Schuberth Concept helmet from him via the Classifieds section of this site. Seeing his post brought back memories of those old days.

russell_bynum
Has anybody heard how Cary is doing?

He was a great guy and treated his customers very well.

Cary is the parts manager at San Diego BMW. I saw him at their open house last weekend.

He's still providing that same kick-ass customer service that he's known for.

Dang Marty, I can't believe you can remember that far back. :wave: Good to see Short Cuts still with us. I havn't talked to him since before he moved from "P" Town.

Ah, the Christmas Party. Raaaaan was great. Tom was cool and the UN Rally's got their start with Nando and others running with it. Great old times! :Cool:

He

y Dougie, glad to see your awake. :wave: I remember all of my good times with the old group.

Who you calling old?

:grin:

It is good to hear Cary is still involved with BMW's.

Wishing him great days ahead and happiness on the road.

Cary is the parts manager at San Diego BMW. I saw him at their open house last weekend.

He's still providing that same kick-ass customer service that he's known for.

Holy crap I didn't know Cary was down there now. Sounds like an excuse for a resurrection of one of Steve1150's group roadtrips. "In search of ..... an awesome guy we all owe a lot to." Except we might have to go to Mexico or Canada or something before stopping in San Diego since it's too short a hop for Steve.
Who can forget Shortcut's christmas parties? Remember Ron or Raaan as santa? :thumbsup:
I thought Big Mak was Santa? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong or was sitting on the wrong lap?

You may be right, but Short Cut had 2 parties so I'm not sure. A younger mind needs to step in. Wurty was there. Maybe he remembers. I do remember Raaaaan playing "Sleeping Beauty" :thumbsup:

Marty Hill

Hey, I'm lucky that I remember that I was there. :dopeslap:

Good to see so many of us really care enough to bring this back up almost a year later. I was lucky enough to have visited cary probably 6 or 7 years in a row as I passed thru san francisco. Always a pleasure to spend time with him. I'll be on the west coast a lot this summer if you guys plan something.

For sure Ron was Santa at one of Short Cut's Christmas Parties and he was pleased as punch about it.

It is good to see that Flag and Eagle avatar :wave:

I thought Big Mak was Santa? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong or was sitting on the wrong lap?

:rofl:

russell_bynum
Who can forget Shortcut's christmas parties? Remember Ron or Raaan as santa? :thumbsup:

Big Mak was Santa at the first one.

Man, that was a fun ride and good party.

Remember how Tom kept showing up everywhere we went?

Gee, you guys should all be Facebook Friends, sharing what each other thinks is a lost memory, is a beautiful thing....LOL.

You may be right, but Short Cut had 2 parties so I'm not sure. A younger mind needs to step in. Wurty was there. Maybe he remembers. I do remember Raaaaan playing "Sleeping Beauty" :thumbsup:
I only made one party so it must have been the other one.

In car and if I remember right somehow he'd get there before us like he was on time warp. And good ole Bill Mensch before he went rogue and disappeared. Damn I miss those old days. Which if I remember right this December is the 10 year anniversary of that first Xmas party in Pleasanton and September will be 10 years since a lot of us first met at the original Tech Daze at Glenoz.

russell_bynum

In car and if I remember right somehow he'd get there before us like he was on time warp. And good ole Bill Mensch before he went rogue and disappeared. Damn I miss those old days.

Yup. He had that bigass Caddie rental car. We'd leave somewhere and he be standing there drinking coffee. We'd somewhere at Mach 2...lane splitting through traffic, etc. We'd get where we were gong and he'd be standing there drinking coffee. He did that three or four times, if memory serves...always getting there before we did.

Steve Asvitt was on that ride, too. Dick, Laney, Brant, Gleno and Terri, Mensch...seems like maybe one or two others but I can't remember. I do remember the fog on the first part of CA-58 and then freezing our asses off on the ride home (before we had Gerbings)

hANNAbONE

In car and if I remember right somehow he'd get there before us like he was on time warp. And good ole Bill Mensch before he went rogue and disappeared. Damn I miss those old days. Which if I remember right this December is the 10 year anniversary of that first Xmas party in Pleasanton and September will be 10 years since a lot of us first met at the original Tech Daze at Glenoz.

yOU aRE correct...10 years this coming Sept.!

wow - a lot of water gone under the bridge, eh??

Archived