IGNORED

Really dumb question but...

crmdgn

Trying to take off the tail light lens tom see if nI have the Kisan nbulb for brake flashing. Does it pry off, do I take out the 3 - 5 screws(seem to hold some of the lower rear fairing), or drill a hole in the lens(lol)

My manual is not clear, at least to me.

thNKS

paul

No drilling required.

Remove the passenger seat. There are 2 larger plastic ring nuts under the tail section that hold the tail light assembly in.

No drilling required.

Remove the passenger seat. There are 2 larger plastic ring nuts under the tail section that hold the tail light assembly in.

If these are too tight to turn by hand a 19mm socket (the same as the rear wheel) fits them nicely.

Andy

Thanks all, I found the two hand screws, just a minute ago. Easy to remove and see the offending brake/tail light(flashing at will, and braking with no discernible pattern)

Bulb says www.gizmomi11.com(I thinnk)and no combination I can find yet, sheds any light so back to research.

Again thanks

paul

Sidmariner

If you have a Gizmo-Mill bulb then you have the "BRAKE" light and not the KISAN light. Gizmo Mill became Road Rocketeer and went out of business last year. They had two available bulb modules, the upper one provided the flashing strobe effect and the lower one provided a bright running light, with a downward beam to illuminate the licence plate.

See my post: http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=24585&Number=258368#Post258368

I have the BRAKE lights and like them. I was sorry to see the company fold.

Archived