IGNORED

New RT purchased today

JiminPA

I've been lurking here for a while now. I have been considering a new RT for quite a while. I currently ride a HD Road King. Well after not having much luck getting a good trade deal with local dealers I saw others on here were getting excellent deals from MaxBMW. I talked to them and they made me an offer that I just couldn't pass up. They have actually been great to deal with so far. So today I gave them a deposite for a new 2010 RT that I will be picking up next week. I went with the thunder grey with the premium package but no radio. I am sure next week is going to seem like forever getting here. I will follow up with some pics after I pick up the bike. I am looking forward to participating a bit more actively on the forum and welcome those that are willing to pass on their experience. I am sure with the switch from HD to the RT, I have a lot to learn.

...I have a lot to learn.

Well, you're at the right place. This site is a gold mine of mostly ;) great information. Welcome!

Jay

Congrats! I also made the same switch 5 years ago. Both great bikes, you will find more power, better brakes and lean angle with the RT. Some things I had to change were keep the rpm's higher and not using torque so much to pull me out of curves. Have fun!

Max BMW has certainly become a driving force for BMW sells. I bought from them last February....best deal I could find within 700 miles. Congrats.

Welcome on board.

You are not alone the H-D to BMW switch. I did it myself, after nearly 20 years on H-D (last one being a Road Glide)... If I can help in any way just let me know.

Nice choice. Hope you'll give us a ride report on you likes/dislikes and a comparo to the former steed.

Oh yeah. These bikes need a very specific break in procedure. If you just leave it at my house for the summer, I will be glad to...

Welcome Jim,

There's a few of us PA folks around here, probably more out your way. I'm in the southwestern part of the state and I too made the FLHR to RT switch a few years ago. I'm having lots of fun with the RT as I think you will. You've found a great spot for information and just general good times. If you on the new bike on the weekend of June 19th, stop down to Canaan Valley, WV. There'll be a group of us attending an annual hyperelastic poultry festival that weekend. :rofl::wave:

Welcome Jim!

I just purchased a new RT from MAX BMW too! It's shipping out tomorrow and making a trip coast to coast! I can't wait to receive it.

I went with the Tri-Color, Standard package, Low Seat. MAX BMW has been awesome thus far too. Plus, they made me a deal $2K cheaper than any other dealer in the USA! Outstanding!

Congrats!

I too just ordered a new RT from Max BMW yesterday.. Should ship out to me next week. Tri color with premimum package. Gonna be a long two weeks.

I too just ordered a new RT from Max BMW yesterday.. Should ship out to me next week. Tri color with premimum package. Gonna be a long two weeks.

Beemer- Was Max offering better deals than BMW of Daytona? Daytona is well known for offering low prices. Has that changed?

Beemer- Was Max offering better deals than BMW of Daytona? Daytona is well known for offering low prices. Has that changed?

Daytona was $500 over msrp plus $495 dealer fee. Max saved me over $2000 even after shipping. No dealer fee and a healthy discount off of msrp.

Max BMW saved me considerably as well. Not quite that much but they made me a very good deal. They also had a good selection and I was able to get what I wanted instead of having to take what the local dealers had available which was pretty limited.

John in VA

Congrats -- but all these claims of new RT purchases are just wild rumors until we see PICS!!

My NEW RT arrived today from MAX BMW. I was elated and then....as it rolled off the truck in all it's Tri-Color glory. It was missing the driver's seat. What?!?

Yep! They shipped it without the agreed upon and purchased Low Seat. It arrived with only a passenger seat. Hmmmm....

Off to the garage to inspect all the new gadgets. Another discovery: the keys (neither master no flat key) won't open one of the panniers. I think the case may be keyed to a different bike.

Disappointed but not disheartened. I know that it'll all work out. For now, I'll just have to live with that very cool NEW motorcycle smell. Ah!!!!

Archived