IGNORED

Riding Home Today

Kathy R

Today, I found myself near a road that I've read about, Rt 97. It twists along the Delaware River from Port Jervis to Hancock, NY. It looked like a good road to take on my way home from Orange County N.Y. Soon after getting underway I came upon a sign that said HAWKS NEST. I believe I've read of folks from NY and NYC running up and down it on the weekends. Here are some shots on the only stop I made along the route. Were it not for a sudden and very short storm I would have had a ball through here. Instead, I was cautious after 2 butt puckers. The oil and water were just laying about. I'll be back.

886633187_cfmna-L.jpg

886633324_g5hXx-L.jpg

886632943_P54vE-L.jpg

886632985_6DEGZ-L.jpg

886633472_W6RJS-L.jpg

886633395_wMTsC-L.jpg

97 is a nice ride, in my experience the best time is early morning or a week day. It tends to have lots of slow moving vehicles on the weekend. Lots of great views of the river and some interesting history on both sides of the river.

Secret Unpassage RT.97 1/2 and Diagon alley; Departing 7/1/10 what say you?

:grin: "secret Unpassage" :rofl:

Wish I could, really. See you in July.

Last year I did this ride on the day after Labor Day, and had the whole place to myself.. All the camp grounds were closed.

Gorgeous!!! Maybe someday you can show me that place??

Anytime Shannon! It's around 4-6 hours east, and a little south, of where I live in NY. A little farther for you. :grin: I'm going to explore more of the Delaware Water Gap area, as I've been told it's stunning. Also, all across the top of PA the roads squiggle. I feel like a kid exploring a candy store.

Tires, chains, sprockets, oil and gas....there is an acronym in there, somewhere, to describe my world.

Come on up, it's only about an hour from my house.

Come on up, it's only about an hour from my house.

An hour from your house, John? Can we talk? How about we post a note and get some folks together for a Ride in your environs.

That would be a great road if they'd cut those trees down so you could see.

:grin:

Hey Ed, desert life got a hold of ya, huh?

Hey Norah, no doubt the UN in 2011 or 2012 or 2014 will be on east coast somewhere?

:wave: Hey Marty, Which gap?

You were talking about the cumberland water gap or am I dreaming? :wave:

Yes, the Delaware Water Gap. :dopeslap:

My mind is my own nightmare :eek:

:D

Lone_RT_rider
Yeah, that's what I meant. :dopeslap:

Time to put the bottle of Merlot down Marty.... :grin::dopeslap:

Miss you man. :)

I'm still laughing about Marty and I talking like two old farts.

Lisa my dear, ANYtime. Remember way back when you were trying to get me out there on a track day? Before we know it Stephen will be passing us on the corners!

That road is Fabulous! How far is that from where you live? If I wasn't living in the Great Squiggly Road State of Arkansas, I'd be jealous. :grin:

:) It's about 4 - 5 hours from home depending on whether I go North or South of the Finger Lakes.

I still want to get back to your part of the planet. Last time I saw you there I was chasing you on 4 wheels in the rain with the wind/leaves blowing :grin:

:wave: to the family

Ooh ... the riding in Arkansas is AWESOME!! :thumbsup: (And a trip that way could bring you right through Nashville Kathy! ;) )

I've changed my map to place FL up near TN where it belongs.

It sure could use the hills.

My hands are going to be full of paint brushes and such...no throttle nearby...for the near future. Might need a bike with a side car if I have separation anxiety once I get the pup in Aug.

Archived