IGNORED

Staintune Exhaust Fitment: Is 1100RS/RT Same as 1150/RS/RT?

DaveinNCMn

DaveinNCMn

I have a Staintune exhaust system that I took off my 1100RS and am in the process of selling. I know it will fit the 1100RT also.

A perspective buyer inquired as to whether it would also fit on a 1150/RS/RT. I think it should, but am not sure. Has anybody done this or know for sure if it will work?

Thx,

Dave

Nope, won't fit. The 1100's have a 2 into one collector on the right side of the bike where an 1150's exhaust header runs directly from each cylinder to the cat. JON

Nope, won't fit. The 1100's have a 2 into one collector on the right side of the bike where an 1150's exhaust header runs directly from each cylinder to the cat. JON

Jon, are you sure?

The headers of the exhausts are identical. The actual silencers may be slightly different.

Andy

My 2003 RT has a 2 into 1 collector on the right side with a single 50mm od pipe running from the exit of the collector into a 54mm od connection to the cat. Perhaps you're thinking of the 1200RT ?

LGW

SAAB93driver
My 2003 RT has a 2 into 1 collector on the right side with a single 50mm od pipe running from the exit of the collector into a 54mm od connection to the cat.

LGW

+1 same as my R1150RS (which is same as the RT exhaust). IIRC the difference between the 1100RT/RS and 1150RT/RS could be the later eliminated the 2 rubber bushing mounts under the transmission but that doesn't affect the fit of the exhaust system - that change might have even started on later 1100's

I have a 1100 R RS RT exhaust on my 1150 RS-02, fits perfectly except that I had to fabricate a little steel bracket för the silencer.

Archived