IGNORED

Removal of front wheel

BarOne

Just invert the socket, using the nut end, and it works great.

I may be off base, but I think what he means is for you to find a large nut and insert it partially into the Axle hole and use the spark plug socket over the part that is not in the hole...

motoguy128

I may be off base, but I think what he means is for you to find a large nut and insert it partially into the Axle hole and use the spark plug socket over the part that is not in the hole...

No, I think he means that you take that spark plug socket and using an extension, install the socket backwards on the extension and insert the hexagonal end into the axle. Presto, you have a very large hex tool... and a spark plug wrench as well.

The really cheap, thin steel galvanized spark plug tools work well too. That's what I use.

Anton Largiader
The really cheap, thin steel galvanized spark plug tools work well too. That's what I use.

If you're talking about the K-bike spark plug wrench, it works wonderfully. The outside of the spark plug wrench is a perfect fit in the axle and you can put a 17mm socket on the other end.

As for cheap, well it may not be expensive (?) in fact it's free when you have this sort of stuff lying around, but I wouldn't insinuate that it's flimsy.

No, I think he means that you take that spark plug socket and using an extension, install the socket backwards on the extension and insert the hexagonal end into the axle. Presto, you have a very large hex tool... and a spark plug wrench as well.

Bingo :thumbsup:

(sorry for not explaining it well enough)

The Marc Parnes tool is the bees knees -- versatile and reasonably priced! Thanks Alimar and the rest of you inmates!

Archived