IGNORED

RIP Easy Rider

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

Dennis Hopper died today at the age of 74. Article here.

One of the stars of Easy Rider, and of many other fine flicks. He will be missed.

yabadabapal

What a great movie Easy Rider was. RIP Easy Rider. I wonder how many people who saw that film, went out and bought their first motorcycle.

J.O. on Msn>Movies writes:

"Here lies Dennis Hopper

Occupying space with the decomposing ranks

Who turned the handle full throttle

Till there wasn't no more gas in the tanks."

Second sentence kind of gross. Last 2 sentences kind of cool. I hate reading about all kinds of people losing their lives to cancer, since I have had two fights with it since 1996. I hope they find a cure someday for cancer. Cancer sucks!

He played some devilishly evil parts, always brilliantly. One of the more haunting and lesser known ones was Frank Booth in David Lynch’s “Blue Velvet.” A loss indeed.

Antimatter

I saw an interview where he was asked about the parts he was playing (this was around the time of 'Blue Velvet'), and he said that those were the parts that paid the bills, so his personal belief was, "Don't quit your weird job."

An interesting and complex fellow who has definitely left his mark on a generation. RIP.

What a great movie Easy Rider was.

On what planet? That has got to be one of the stupidest movies I have ever seen. What a waste of film.

was it the long sequences of shots with music playing? Or perhaps my buddy Phil Spector's terrible acting.

Matts_12GS
What a great movie Easy Rider was.

On what planet? That has got to be one of the stupidest movies I have ever seen. What a waste of film.

I was about 6 when it came out and my middle brother had the poster in his room. I always thought it the coolest thing ever. The movie was kind of weird and a little strange but I think it has given us all a bit of wanderlust in some fashion.

Other than the ending, which to me was as bad as "Electra Glide in Blue"

I personally liked Jack Nicholson in that movie. I don't think I'd seen him in anything before that and he was great.

Aaa nick, nick, nick, nick, swaaaaamp.

Archived