IGNORED

Strange "PR" Sign?

Ken H.

Does this strike others as being as self-defeating as it does me? Sign in front of a Dodge dealership in our town – "Save Money on Your Next Repair – Join Our Rewards Discount Program."

I thought the whole idea was to have vehicles that didn’t need repairs, let alone ones that having a ‘frequent repairs program’ for would be advantageous!

OTOH given Chrysler’s vehicle reliability statistics, maybe one should applaud their honesty (or sense of humor) at any rate!

Matts_12GS
Does this strike others as being as self-defeating as it does me? Sign in front of a Dodge dealership in our town – "Save Money on Your Next Repair – Join Our Rewards Discount Program."

I thought the whole idea was to have vehicles that didn’t need repairs, let alone ones that having a ‘frequent repairs program’ for would be advantageous!

OTOH given Chrysler’s vehicle reliability statistics, maybe one should applaud their honesty (or sense of humor) at any rate!

Especially with so many of them built by Canadians!

I think I've been lucky with my Jeep......25k miles so far and I haven't had one single issue. I do have to say though, after growing up working on Subaru's and BMW's, I feel my Jeep has the poorest build quality of any vehicle I have ever turned a wrench on. I love it, its a complete blast of a vehicle to own, but it looks/feels like it was designed and put together by a bunch of Jr. High dropouts (which might not be that far from the truth).

Anyway....yes Ken, that is funny that they would start up a program like that and advertise it. I've always found the easiest way to get a discount was to show up with a box of donuts for the guys in the shop :grin:

107K miles on my Ram and it runs like a champ. Had some drive train work done at 100K (u joints primarily) and I can't say that I was upset by it.

My Dakota before that sold at 140K miles and it was running like a champ. I have had great success with Dodge. And it never decided to accelerate on its own.

Lets_Play_Two

Do you know that the Rewards Discount Program is a frequent repairs program? Maybe they give rewards for using their service department and buying accessories, etc. You may be jumping to an erroneous conclusion. :)

There was (still is?) a small food store in San Francisco:

"Pay and Save"

I never shopped there.

Archived