IGNORED

Great Smoky Mountain Tours

Are12C

I just found out that the BMW Performance Center is putting on a Great Smoky Mountain Tour.

Dates: June 12-13th

Destination: Wheels Through Time Museum, Maggie Valley, NC

Here's what I got in an email:

On road rides and dual sport rides available.

- Event open to all BMW bikes.

- We will have on road only routes as well as dual sport routes

- Semi guided ride from BMW PC to Maggie valley

- Fully guided rides in Maggie Valley on Sunday morning June 13th

Destination

- Maggie Valley North Carolina

- Wheels Through Time Museum www.wheelsthroughtime.com

Dinner

- Catered Southern BBQ held on site at the Wheels Through Time museum.

- Outside venue

Entrance fee

- entrance fee of $100.00 includes, continental breakfast at the BMW Performance Center, tour of the wheels through time museum, dinner, gift bag, and guided rides.

Reservations

- Reservations made by calling 888.345.4269. Tell them you are registering for the “Great Smokey Mountain Tour”. Event is capped at 100 riders.

Of even more importance, I also found out that you will be able to claim a $50 gift certificate from your local Southeast BMW dealer.

Nice n Easy Rider
I thought I read in 2008 that the Wheels Through Time museum was closing and moving out of NC.

Doesn't look like it. From their website:

Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley, NC is proud to announce new initiatives for 2010. Maggie Valley's motorcycle mecca is looking towards its biggest year yet resuming regular, operations through the spring, summer and fall as of May 1. The museum is expanding its schedule to be open five days per week, Thursday-Monday, from 9a.m.-5p.m.

Lone_RT_rider

This sounds like a great excuse to head to Maggie Valley and visit the Salty dog. :)

Anyone wanna head up on an alternate route and meet them there?

Shawn

For $50 after the "rebate", I'm just going with the BMW Performance Center tour. Free food, swag, and hopefully I'll learn some new roads I don't know now.

Instead of high-tailing it back to Greenville, I'm just going to camp out at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Matts_12GS

I am soooooo tempted... Just gotta clear it with the boss. Shawn, is my room at the inn still open?

I forgot to mention that I'll be there.

Matt,

I know of a couple of other BMWNEFer's that'll be there. You should come up.

Chris,

With a $50 gift certificate coming back at you, what more of a discount do you want?

Lone_RT_rider
I am soooooo tempted... Just gotta clear it with the boss. Shawn, is my room at the inn still open?

But of course! :)

Just let me know.

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider
Chris,

With a $50 gift certificate coming back at you, what more of a discount do you want?

You just have to understand what being "Chris" is all about. This is probably the only guy I know that asks for an AARP discount on his senior coffee at McDonalds. :grin:

On the other hand.... when I go to buy my next car, I'm calling him. :thumbsup:

Shawn

Registration ends on 6/4 @ 5pm EDT.

They need more participants to make this happen. Don't let them cancel and ruin my birthday!!!

:cry:

Archived