IGNORED

fuel line qd

taylor1

Hello All, I am going to do some service work on my 02 rt and was wondering a few things.I have to remove the fuel tank and thought that I might as well change the fuel filter since I,ll be there.The bike has 17,000 miles.Anyway, My real question is should I replace the fuel line Quick disconnects.I have read That a lot of times when they are disconnected that problems occur.Is this common or does it rarely happen.Thanks for your input.

The metal ones from beemerboneyard are far superior to the plastic OEM ones. It's worthwhile doing IMHO.

The metal ones from beemerboneyard are far superior to the plastic OEM ones. It's worthwhile doing IMHO.

+1

I've always been very careful with maintenance and I have been an advocate for keeping my RT original. In spite of these efforts, I broke a quick disconnect and was shocked at how thin the material is at the break.

I now have the metal replacements from Beemerboneyard. They're an excellent product.

Question . . . I've yet to disconnect a fuel line on my R1150RT - do the "QD's" eliminate the need to clamp the lines to avoid a fuel spray on these pressurized lines ? Or am I missing something here ? Thanks - Norm

Question . . . I've yet to disconnect a fuel line on my R1150RT - do the "QD's" eliminate the need to clamp the lines to avoid a fuel spray on these pressurized lines ? Or am I missing something here ? Thanks - Norm
Yes, fuel flow is blocked when the QD is opened. Tank removal is necessary to replace the fuel filter and service the ABS system. Does someone else service your bike?

I just replaced my QD's with the metal ones from Beamer Boneyard, they are the way to go.

But at 17000 miles you should not have to change the fuel filter. When was the last time you changed the fuel filter on your car? Just my opinion, but, I wouldn't change it yet.

I normally would not change it at this mileage but I must remove the tank in order to install a laser chip.My thoughts were that since I had everything apart including the tank,I might as well do a little pre maintenace

I normally would not change it at this mileage but I must remove the tank in order to install a laser chip.My thoughts were that since I had everything apart including the tank,I might as well do a little pre maintenace

Yes, fuel flow is blocked when the QD is opened. Tank removal is necessary to replace the fuel filter and service the ABS system. Does someone else service your bike?
Sorry Paul - missed the question - I do my own maintenance and repairs, as much as possible - Haven't yet had the need to remove the tank - Thanks for the reply

Archived