IGNORED

Art Linkletter RIP

yabadabapal

yabadabapal

He was an incredible guy who rode the trains with the hobos during the great depression.

Here is a funny story from the link posted below.

He asked one little girl, "What do you think would make a perfect husband, Karen?"

"A man that provides a lot of money, loves horses, and will let you have 22 kids and doesn't put up a fight," Karen said.

"And what do you think you'll be when you grow up?"

"A nun."

This link worth reading from todays Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/26/AR2010052603649.html?hpid=moreheadlines

RichEdwards

Art was the best interviewer of children who ever lived. Go to YouTube and check him out if you are too young to know what a genius he was.

I grew up listening to him on his show Kid's Say the Darndest Things, but what I remember most about his show is the sound of my father and mother laughing their heads off.

A nice quote from A.L. himself:

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.

from the show and the kids:

Regarding love -

* "On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date." -- Mike, 10

* "It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid. I don't need that kind of trouble." -- Kenny, age 7

* "I'm not rushing into being in love. I'm finding fourth grade hard enough." -- Regina, age 10

* "Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I been trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me." -- Dave, age 8

Regarding kissing -

* "It's never okay to kiss a boy. They always slobber all over you. That's why I stopped doing it." -- Tammy, age 10

* (on seeing a couple kissing) "He is trying to steal her chewing gum!" -- Boy, age 6

Regarding people in love -

* "They act mooshy. Like puppy dogs, except puppy dogs don't wag their tails nearly as much." -- Arnold, age 10

Strategies For Making People Fall In Love With You -

* "Shake your hips and hope for the best." -- Camille, age 9

Good Advice About Love -

* "Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough." -- Lynnette, age 8

* "Tell your wife that she looks pretty even if she looks like a truck!" -- Ricky, age 7

* "Be a good kisser. It might make your wife forget that you never take out the trash." -- Erin, age 8

Titles of Love Ballads You Can Sing To Your Loved One:

* "'Hey, Baby, I Don't Like Girls, But I'm Willing To Forget You Are One!'" -- Will, age 7

Those are great Kathy.

He was indeed a genius with kids. Everybody’s favorite grandfather. Those were some simpler times.

Just read this - Mr. Linkletter was born Gordon Arthur Kelly on July 17, 1912, in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.

I'll be darned.

baggerchris

Yes, R.I.P.

Great Guy, and great family.

Did you know he was also a Subdivider? I did the Ca. D.R.E. "White Paper" for him and his family business on a Subdivision in Calaveras County back in about 1983.

Both he and Jack were very nice folks and easy to deal with.

Archived