IGNORED

Identify this bike

pbbeck

The Puch and the Allstate could be related- one to the other. (Just a speculation) In those days there were many "put together" bikes being manufactures as the European builders were getting back in operation.

My first bike was a JBeK... Which Joe Berliner had built from a Sachs engine and probably DKW frame. Closely related to the Puch.

One of the guys in our riding group was on an Allstate.

Thanks for posting it.

Thanks for the responses. I always learn something when I visit this board. I had never heard of Allstate motorcycles before. I also didn't know that Sears sold bikes at one point.

Sears sold a boatload of smaller displacement motorcycles...but the larger displacement bikes were a bit of a rare breed to see.. :grin:

Thanks for posting, makes me jog the old noggin... :)

Now that in the background, looks like an R75/5 ...

MB>

And just for clarification it's Puch as in "POOK" not "Puke". :grin: even though their suspension was like puke!

Thanks for the responses. I always learn something when I visit this board. I had never heard of Allstate motorcycles before. I also didn't know that Sears sold bikes at one point.

My first motorcycle, 1958, was a Sears Allstate Mo-Ped. IIRC it had a 50 cc engine. It also had pedals which were needed to get up most inclines. They also helped to get it into motion without stalling. And they served as the kick starter. Put it on the center stand and pedal to crank the engine.

Montgomery Wards and JC Penneys also sold motorcycles back in the 60's and 70's Penneys had Benelli and Wards had Riversides, which I think were also made by Benelli with slight differences. Most of what they sold were mini bikes and small displacement 125 - 250cc models

Sears even sold houses through their catalogs. I'm pretty sure MOMA had one on temporary display a couple of years ago.

And just for clarification it's Puch as in "POOK" not "Puke". :grin: even though their suspension was like puke!

A friend in HS had one....yes, the shocks were PUKE!!!!!!

Paul Mihalka

For a couple of years Sears also sold a car. The "Allstate" car was a rebadged Kaiser-Frazer Henry J.

Archived