IGNORED

Is this a repost? (space shuttle stuff)

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I do not think it is.

Thanks for posting:thumbsup:

With all those workers just standing around its no wonder we cant afford to fund the program any longer :grin:

Years ago the heat rejection business took me to "Slick Six" were I had virtually free reign of the place to explore & take it all in.

The Space Shuttle program is/was quite an impressive monster.

Sad to see it end.

Jerry_75_Guy

Beautiful!

It really irritates me, though, that we're eliminating our own manned lift capacity.

It's easy to stop some programs, and much harder to restart them.

Beautiful!

It really irritates me, though, that we're eliminating our own manned lift capacity.

It's easy to stop some programs, and much harder to restart them.

Yea, I think it's pretty stupid too, we are giving up the high ground.

I visited Kennedy Space center a year and a half ago. Very much worth it if you are anywhere near Florida. If any of you lived the apollo days, the control room pressentation of an apollo launch at Kennedy will make your eyes water. Looking up at the Saturn V on display will make your legs weak. Most say it takes all day to see everything at Kennedy. But for me, it would likely take a few days.

The orbiter is MUCH bigger than it looks in pictures. I think a tractor trailer truck could fit in the cargo bay. The VAB is a very big building. It makes the crawler look tiny. But it is off limits to tourists and can only be seen from a distance.

Really cool video. Thanks!

Archived