IGNORED

Spring Torrey Check-in

bakerzdosen

sebjones906

Sam and Terry (R1200RT & Harley Ultra) are back in So.Cal. Nice meeting everyone and seeing old friends again. Next time we can do without the wind.

Home

Even though he left me for dead...eddd got us home safely.

How many days till Fall Autumn Torrey???

Home

Even though he left me for dead...eddd got us home safely.

How many days till Fall Autumn Torrey???

So when does the post-spring event shirt come out?? :wave:

Mrs. Caddis

Kevin and Eileen (Caddis and Mrs Caddis) home at noon today. Took the leisurely route with some wind delays. I have no idea how you all manage so many miles... I must be a wimp, but after only 340 miles yesterday in 25-30 mph winds I had enough. We only had 140 miles to home, but I just couldn't do 100+ miles of mountain roads with the wind in the twilight. Grabbed a room at the Best Western in Buena Vista, jumped in the hot tub and then slept well. This morning was a perfact ride over Kenosha pass to home. Little wind and blue skies...too bad I actually went to work this afternoon!

Anyway, It was great meeting everyone. Thanks Bob and Janet for an unforgettable tour on Saturday. Loved every minute of it, even with the wind.

Delayed departure until today to avoid the predicted snow enroute.

Just got home after a relatively easy trip. 10 MPH cross winds almost the entire trip. Deer in multiple places I'd never seen them before. LEOs so thick you could walk on them between Fallon and Carson City...

Great making friends and renewing existing friendships!

Thanks to Bob and Janet for the hospitality!

:wave:

Paul Mihalka
1- over three days pics to follow I hear

You had me scared. I thought 36 hours from Torrey to home. It's still a darn good average...

The Lawman and I made it home. Sure glad we were able to stop by even if so briefly. Was good to see you guys again. We managed to handle the wind and a sandstorm in New Mexico, an experience we'll not soon forget. We learned a lot. The new ear plug/speakers made the trip much better, they work great. Thanks Al! I listened to "Against the Wind" by Bob Seger as we braved the storm. A Harley rider in our group ran out of gas near Abilene but otherwise the trip home was a fine one. Thanks to all. Be safe and take care.

Just got in about a hour ago. Would have been sooner but mother nature tried repeatedly to do me in. A late dinner of mac/cheese and a cuba libre as I try to dry out.

Like always, I had a great time. Always a treat to meet new people, Chris from Texas, Penny's Dad and Kevin and Eileen Caddis. (She with the black RT!)

:grin:

If I missed anyone, ditto, I'm just too tired to think clearly.

:dopeslap:

G'night.

**   Chris   **

I finally made it home this afternoon. I did a zig zag route across New Mexico and Colorado avoiding the sand storm. I-40 between Clines Corner and Santa Rosa was great. I don't normally like interstates but with the 40-50 mph tailwind, the ride was extremely quiet. I could hear every note of every song, even at 90+ mph. Once in Texas, I stopped for about 2 hours in Brady waiting for the massive thunderstorm to blow over. I finally decided I was burning daylight and took off riding. There were sections of the road between Brady and Llano where the water was 3-4 inches deep. I got to my brother's house in Austin and found out the area north of Llano got 6-7 inches of rain.

After a great lunch at the new(I haven't been there since the 80's) Oasis overlooking Lake Travis, I rode home. My HiViz suit is HiBrown. I am going to take it to a laundry mat to wash it, I don't think our septic system can take the influx of mud.

I had a great time in Torrey. It was nice meeting everyone, even those I already knew. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

My HiViz suit is HiBrown. I am going to take it to a laundry mat to wash it, I don't think our septic system can take the influx of mud.

Chris, try Oxyclean or just plain baking soda, both as a pre-wash/scrub and added to the wash in addition to the detergent.

[/hijack]

Back home at 23:00 on Tuesday. 3,700 miles on the truck, 150 on the RT, 175 on the Sherpa, and about 150 on the bicycle.

Great to see everyone.

For clarification...I didn't abandon Larry, I just went for lunch and a nap before I resumed looking for him.

BeniciaRT_GT

Home after an INCREDIBLE 2500 mile trip!!!

GT didn't disappoint, as it overheated on Sat. and the starter went out this morning in Nevada.

Thank God for BarryInMarin, so it got push started twice on the way home.

Split with Barry 25 miles from home and got the phone message he is also home safe and sound!

What a ride tale this is gonna make when I can catch up.

What an amazing two weeks of vacation!!!

Great seeing everyone! It really is about BOTH the people and the great rides!!!

Matts_12GS
Great seeing everyone! It really is about BOTH the people and the great rides!!!

+ 1!!!

Even the unlikely Glenn Beck fan in Al's cabin :rofl:

+ 1!!!

Even the unlikely Glenn Beck fan in Al's cabin :rofl:

:rofl:

lawnchairboy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought I was in an alternate universe for a minute....

maybe it was the scotch... :grin:

Like always, I had a great time. Always a treat to meet new people, Chris from Texas, Penny's Dad and Kevin and Eileen Caddis.

If I missed anyone, ditto, I'm just too tired to think clearly.

Luis! I forgot Luis! Argggh! :dopeslap:

Greg Poole

Cathy & I got home late Monday night after getting beat to death by the high winds all the way home to Denver area. Stopped in Dolores for beer & pizza with friends.

It was great seeing everyone again and meeting a few new people too. Can't get over how welcoming everyone always is. And we ride a Honda ST1300...

Greg

You'll soon learn Greg that who you are is WAY more important to my fellow BMWSTers than what (or even if you ride)or what you look like. Hell they seem to like me pretty well, and I'm a loud, bald, heavily tattooed, smart *** with a knack for saying exactly the wrong thing at the worst possible time... But then I will also drop everything to help a friend in need, or give a stranger the last of my booze and a spot to sleep(as long as they aren't allergic to pets, we've got a few). If they saw past all of my quirks (and still let me stay in their homes) I'm sure that your Honda will be overlooked.

Your in good company on that bike.

Yes and you ride a ST1300 Honda and you will buy the new RT 2011

Funny how many people said something similar to me. 3 years later and they are still wrong ...

Paul Mihalka
Your in good company on that bike.

Yes and you ride a ST1300 Honda and you will buy the new RT 2011

Funny how many people said something similar to me. 3 years later and they are still wrong ...

That's because you don't come and visit with us common BMWST people, so we don't have a chance to wash your brain... :grin:

PhillyFlash

Actually, I was referring to the other Russell's Tuono, but I'd be happy to test ride both of them and tell you which I like better. But I'm not going to Hanksville.

Matts_12GS
Nobody calls him Russell, Howard! He's Vlad. Get it straight next time, you noob!

:)

JK

He'll always be "Coonass" too me

Great to meet you and Nora!

Nobody calls him Russell, Howard! He's Vlad. Get it straight next time, you noob!

:)

JK

He'll always be "Coonass" too me

Great to meet you and Nora!

Yeah, but he sure is a cute Coonass!! :grin: It was great to meet you too....I can't wait for fall to get here so we can have fun all over again!!

Norah,,I am saving my test ride for next Torrey,,Sat 7am,,I well be back by dinner,,I promos ,so take good care of that bike,,, :grin:

Norah,,I am saving my test ride for next Torrey,,Sat 7am,,I well be back by dinner,,I promos ,so take good care of that bike,,, :grin:

Tim, you know you can test ride the bike anytime. Maybe Howard can show you the "down the street" route that he took....... :rofl:

Archived