IGNORED

Raising Pillion

gbarker

Hi Folks-

I have a '98 RT and my wife would like a higher position on the back so that she can see more. I've tried suggesting that she get her own ride but that isn't working :grin: . Anyway, any suggestions? Thanks

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I went to the local rubber supplier house and picked up some 1" neoprene with PSA backing. Contoured the top and kerfed the back a bit to work with the seat but, ended up she didn't like it that much and is happier with the stock height.

Harry_Wilshusen
Hi Folks-

I have a '98 RT and my wife would like a higher position on the back so that she can see more. I've tried suggesting that she get her own ride but that isn't working :grin: . Anyway, any suggestions? Thanks

link

Thanks for the idea Peter. In the end I don't think that would be comfortable for her, just more seat to move around under her.

Harry, thanks for the laugh.

Rod, just curious how much rise does the cushion provide. Looks like a good solution. Thanks

Greg

Harry_Wilshusen

Greg

The Airhawk when properly inflated only raises you about a quarter inch if that. You could over inflate it but then she would be floating around. They are for comfort not height. And they are comfortable.

Harry

...just curious how much rise does the cushion provide. Looks like a good solution.

The proper way to adjust the Air Hawk cushion is to add just enough air to prevent the rider's butt from touching the seat, which will usually raise the rider about 1/2". Any more air will give the rider more height, up to about 1".

Thanks guys. That's what I understood about the Airhawk. There must be something I can do on the underside of the seat pan to get a little more height. Time to get creative. Thanks

Underside?

Not really.

Foam side, yes.

Take some material, towels, whatever and build up the

seat height.

Take her for a ride.

See if she likes it or not.

Experiment w/varying increments.

Choose wisely.

Go to local upholstery shop.

Add desired amount.

Ride.

Best wishes.

Underside?

Not really.

What I was thinking is there are rubber plugs under the pan, replace those with longer ones? I'm not sure, I need to look at it to see what would make sense and be stable and safe. Adding more padding doesn't sound appealing. IMO, the standard seat already has to much. Thanks

Archived