IGNORED

Cub Cadet lawn tractors

RodB

Just putting this out there as it may be of some interest to some.

I was changing the oil in my lawn tractor the other day and discovered that the oil filters I use on my bike fit the Kohler (23HP) engine.

I had purchased several filters from Walmart on my last trip to the States, so now have a good supply for both the bike (R12RT) & the tractor.

The OEM filter from the Cub Cadet dealer are just as expensive as the BMW OEM filters.

Who'd'a thought? That raises the interesting possibility of an engine swap. Think of how fast you could get that yard done!

Jay

I lucked out as well. My RT takes the same filter as my '08 Jeep Wrangler. Gotta love being able to shove a Mopar filter into the nether regions of a fine German motorcycle :rofl:

Paul Mihalka

When I had the SAABs, they used the same oil filter as the BMW bikes starting with the K75.

Hijack, oddest compatibility: Around 1978 in Venezuela we had three vehicles. Maria's '70 Merceds 200 used a Solex carburettor, our '75 Range Rover used two Stromberg, the BMW R100RS used Bings. All three carburettors were exactly the same design and used the same vacuum diaphragm, a frequent wear item!

note: As the Range Rover motor was a original Buick/Olds/Pontiac motor, it ended up with a Edelbrock manifold and a off-road Holley four-barrel :grin:

Ahh! That small 3.5 V8 was a sweet motor. It was also light enough and small enough to shoe horn into Ford Cortina's!

Zooom! Wheeeeeee!!!

Archived