IGNORED

Cop with gun versus Squid with camera.

Joe Frickin' Friday

I'm thinking things would have been very different if he'd pulled Chuck Norris over and tried that. :eek:

How about Jack Bauer?

I'm thinking things would have been very different if he'd pulled Chuck Norris over and tried that. :eek:

How about Jack Bauer?

The stop would've taken 24 hours.

Chuck Norris was once pulled over by a cop. Chuck let the cop off with a warning.

Chuck Norris was once pulled over by a cop. Chuck let the cop off with a warning.

Was the cop Steven Seagal?

• 4 months later...
Amazing it ever got that far. Didn't Rodney King's film kinda open that barn door?

Yes and no. The King incident was before YouTube (or the Web, for that matter), and was videotaped by a bystander, who provided the video to the press.

Today, it seems almost everybody is walking around with a recording device (cell phone, Flip camcorder), and can "publish" in an instant via YouTube -- which is what got Sergeant Graber (the rider) into trouble with the authorities.

SF writer David Brin explored some of the consequences of ubiquitous data capture by an informed citizenry in his novel, Earth, and at greater length in his nonfiction book, The Transparent Society. The times they are a-changin.

Archived