IGNORED

Cop with gun versus Squid with camera.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

Short version:

guy squidding it up on a sportbike stops at a traffic light. Maryland cop NOT in uniform jumps out of car, DOES NOT IDENTIFY SELF AS COP, and pulls gun on rider. Unknown to cop (until later), rider has helmet cam and is recording the whole incident. Never mind the stunting: rider is now in extra-deep doo-doo for felony recording without consent of the officer.

Article - with video - here.

So...if a guy jumps out of a car and points a gun at you...doesn't identify himself as a cop...what would you do?

What's gonna happen to this guy? What's gonna happen to the cop?

I heard him say "state police."

I wonder if ear plugs are legal there?

We were talking about this and I actually called the police office involved. The officer who answered the phone said the entire matter is being investigated. I'm curious about the search of the home. Seems like once the officer involved knew he was on YouTube things got even more whickiewhacky.

Yeah, Haverkamp has had it posted on Facebook for a few days. A lot of us are writing to the governor of Maryland, politely requesting that the matter be investigated.

I would have thought it was a road rage incident and either tried to get away or run down the officer in self-defense. They are very lucky no one was hurt or killed. What happened after was even worse.

This is the version Haverkamp posted and it is more focused on the aftermath.

of the video. The rider passes the unmarked car at 2:25.

I'd be sending flowers to his funeral.

But I don't stunt on public roads.

If an unidentified person pulled in front, exited a private vehicle, brandishing a gun, with no visible LEO gear, and no verbal ID...

I would be in fear for my life

I would believe the person intended to kill me or cause me serious/grave bodily harm

I would believe the person had the intent to do me grave bodily harm or kill me

I would believe the person had the ability to kill me or cause grave/serious bodily harm

I would exercise my rights to protect myself from imminent death by an individual threatening me with a gun who I believed was going to kill me.

We jsut had a student go missing.

He is most likely a victim of 3 escaped criminals from La.

They've been charged w/kidnapping and various other crimes as no body has been found, yet.

He was most likely just in the wrong place/time.

I'm a supporter of LEO's and the tough job they have, but there are policies for how to deal with this and I don't think he followed them.

If he did, they should be changed before someone is killed.

But that's just me.

After he has dangerously cut him off and charged him with a drawn gun. He was not running his lights, and made no attempt to make a proper traffic stop prior to the incident. There was no threat, and he did not identify before drawing.

Tim, the long version of the video clearly contradicts the officer's claims of stunting. Mild speeding is about all that happens. He is riding just about like Shovelstroke Ed and many on this board recommend: Just above the speed of traffic and finding the holes to hang out in.

So I've run through about 10 different scenarios in my head......the verdict is that I would end up going to jail.

No lights on the vehicle, no badge, and a gun in my face.......things would have gone from bad to worse very quickly.

Considering there was a police car behind the rider before the video was over, I think the cop did about the worst thing he could have done. He should have let his buddies who were on the clock deal with it. I'm glad the guy got it all on video. I hope that gets plastered everywhere and the officer gets properly diciplined for it. I don't know what standard protocal is for that situation, but I'm pretty damn sure it doesn't involve blocking traffic with your civilian vehicle and pulling a fire arm without proper identification.

Charge the kid with whatever moving/vehicle violations they want, but that video charge is serious BS. I've been thinking about installing one of those VRhold cameras pretty much just for the sake of starting to record my daily commutes (just because I see so much stupid stuff happen in traffic). This iscartainly good to know considering I commute to MD every day.

Tim, the long version of the video clearly contradicts the officer's claims of stunting. Mild speeding is about all that happens. He is riding just about like Shovelstroke Ed and many on this board recommend: Just above the speed of traffic and finding the holes to hang out in.

In the long version thought I could see the lift for the wheelie. Then there is a point where the speed is greatly increased. None of which warrants the unholstering of a gun.

In the long version thought I could see the lift for the wheelie. Then there is a point where the speed is greatly increased. None of which warrants the unholstering of a gun.

It's possible.

Thanks for posting the link to the longer video. After watching that......I now think the cop should be fired and have the book thrown at him.

That video of him bobbing through traffic with the occational speed burst is no worse than any bike I see on my daily commute (including my own). Except the wheelies are a little harder on the RT :grin:

After he has dangerously cut him off and charged him with a drawn gun. He was not running his lights, and made no attempt to make a proper traffic stop prior to the incident. There was no threat, and he did not identify before drawing.

Agreed on all counts.

But it's not accurate to say that he didn't identify himself.

Two cars pulled him over, one a marked cruiser.

He unholstered his gun,said state police, and flashed badge next to holster.

Showed good muzzle control, and holstered as soon as rider shut off bike, thereby removing threat.

The cop was controlled and cool throughout.

However, the way they behaved about the video, is inexcuseable.

Watch that video 10 times and tell me where you can see a badge? Not a chance in hell that kid ever saw a badge. I think they now have visual evidence that the officer just lied on a police report. Then he waited another 7 seconds (with his gun already drawn) before he identified himself......and AFTER he was already within arms reach of the rider and touching the motorcyle

by that time, I would have either already been gone or defending myself. Either way, it would have ended poorly

Two cars pulled him over, one a marked cruiser.

Showed good muzzle control, and holstered as soon as rider shut off bike, thereby removing threat.

The cop was controlled and cool throughout.

However, the way they behaved about the video, is inexcuseable.

The marked car arrives about the time he reholsters his gun. It is not involved in the initial stop and gun draw.

A running vehicle can not be deemed a threat without aggravating circumstances.

What I am curious about is the unsigned warrant. Do you have to open your door to an unsigned warrant? I don't think I would have.

From another forum, the rider apparently posted a whole story. His story does change somewhat from post to post, however at one point he says he knew the person with a gun was a police officer (badge on his belt?).

From another forum, the rider apparently posted a whole story. His story does change somewhat from post to post, however at one point he says he knew the person with a gun was a police officer (badge on his belt?).

He certainly acts like he knew. I don't see how he knew, but he does seem to. Got linky?

DaveTheAffable

Look at the times on the video...

3:14 into the longer video, the unmarked car door opens and he approaches

22 seconds or less later... the rider turns his head and looks back at the marked car trooper approaching.

3:38 - we see marked car fully stopped, drivers door at rest, Trooper out of car with ticket book in hand, numerous steps away from the car... he wasn't running. He wasn't just pulling up when the squid turned his head back for the first time. He hadn't "Just arrived".

Likely....

Unmarked saw that his backup was there, pulled in front of a "stopped for traffic/ticket about to be given" motorcycle.

Squid SAW the troopper pulling up from behind in his rear view mirror, and complied with both of them.

Glint of badge is visible, but I think the rider stopped/complied because in part, he saw that State Trooper in his rear mirror.

I'm only commenting on the "Stop".

Since I am a CCW licensee AND I carry, one of us would have been shot. This cops actions (from what the video shows) demonstrates to me why some cops shouldn't be cops.

And this guy has a license to kill?

rpg

DaveTheAffable
Since I am a CCW licensee AND I carry, one of us would have been shot. This cops actions (from what the video shows) demonstrates to me why some cops shouldn't be cops.

rpg

...and why some cyclists put themselves and others at risk.

The cyclist has a license to drive, but maybe HE thinks it's a license to kill. Himself or others on the highway...

Although this particular clip is older, there are many on You Tube and other places. Maryland, in particular, has had a SEVERE problem with squids. Some of the videos boast that they were on Highway 95... go figure...

rpg

My guess is it wouldn't be the cop...

Unless of course, you go with your piece in the open while you're riding.

Lighten up, Francis... :wave:

Off duty authority...

My first reaction is this is a car-jacking and I am about to get jacked. My second reaction would be to run the car-jacker down in self-defense.

Once he said "State Police" and holstered his weapon..I (if I was a squid) would simply ride away and disappear. I would take a chance on getting shot in the back but I doubt the trooper would cap one off.

I learned long ago that off-duty LEO activity can really get you in trouble quick. No uniform, no baton, no cuffs, no cover, no backup, no vest, no taser, no OC and no radio means you are a sitting duck for getting hurt and sued. My CCW is only there for self-defense. This was not a case of self-defense for the trooper.

Mature and experienced off-duty LEO's pick up their cell phone and become good witnesses for the on-duty folks.

I am curious about the law recording someone without their knowledge or consent. I got a feeling that will be thrown out on constitutional grounds. The only time you need to inform someone about a recording is during a telephone conversation. When you are in public, you don't have to tell anyone that you are filming or recording. I am recorded by violators all the time during traffic stops, not much I can do about it except conduct myself professionally.

ericfoerster

Lets see...we got people from Utah requesting an investigation and someone calling in who wasn't there to muddy the water even more.

Sheez people....get a life.

I think the cop did an "OK" job. There was a marked car behind the rider and the cop never pointed the gun at the rider.

This is called a low ready position.

ps..Bob, I took it is as the off-duty guy was actually undercover.

The officer had no idea why this guy was riding that way. Did he just rob a bank? Rape a lady? Did he just kill someone?

I think I'll write a letter as well and make a few phone calls.

As much as I've tried to see it from the perspective of the cop who pulled the gun, I don't see the justification. There was nothing to indicate that the biker--however much he may have been riding like an ass--was being anything but cooperative with the traffic stop. Still, the cop controlled his weapon, identified himself fairly quickly, and reholstered once he apparently saw that the biker was cooperating. It's not what I'd consider the best approach, but it's at least understandable at the conclusion of a pursuit.

As for the arrest on a "wiretap" charge, if true that's not only bogus, but an abuse of power. I can forgive the cop for a momentary error in judgment during a traffic stop, which can be a volatile situation. However, if the rest of the story, as reported, is true, it certainly smacks of a concerted effort to harass the biker and his family for exposing the behavior of the officer.

russell_bynum
Lets see...we got people from Utah requesting an investigation and someone calling in who wasn't there to muddy the water even more.

I think the cop did an "OK" job. There was a marked car behind the rider and the cop never pointed the gun at the rider.

This is called a low ready position.

ps..Bob, I took it is as the off-duty guy was actually undercover.

The officer had no idea why this guy was riding that way. Did he just rob a bank? Rape a lady? Did he just kill someone?

I think I'll write a letter as well and make a few phone calls.

First, I think if the plain-clothes guy had started the conversation by identifying himself, it would have been much better. In the rider's situation...some guy cuts me off and then gets out of the car with a gun...I'm going to dump the clutch and get the hell out of dodge. Yeah, he was at low ready, but if I see a threat like that, I'm going to deal with it (and that means getting the hell out of there.) If he starts by saying "State Police"...that's a very different situation.

Second, I'm trying to understand the reason for the stop. The was definitely speeding and did a small power-wheelie while passing some cars. But...he passes the marked car around 1:06 (in the median). Then the unmarked guy at 2:26 or something like that. He seemed to be fully aware that the marked guy was back there (kept looking in the mirrors, etc. And while I don't know if he was speeding, he certainly wasn't going much faster than surrounding traffic. So...what was the stop for?

Third, I'm having a hard time imagining how the illegal recording charge is not completely bogus. He had the camera clearly visible perched on top of his head...how could the officer not know that was a camera?

DaveTheAffable
As much as I've tried to see it from the perspective of the cop who pulled the gun, I don't see the justification. There was nothing to indicate that the biker--however much he may have been riding like an ass--was being anything but cooperative with the traffic stop. Still, the cop controlled his weapon, identified himself fairly quickly, and reholstered once he apparently saw that the biker was cooperating. It's not what I'd consider the best approach, but it's at least understandable at the conclusion of a pursuit.

Well said. Many LEO's withdraw their weapons on a traffic stop. He showed good control, holstered quickly.

As for the arrest on a "wiretap" charge, if true that's not only bogus, but an abuse of power. I can forgive the cop for a momentary error in judgment during a traffic stop, which can be a volatile situation. However, if the rest of the story, as reported, is true, it certainly smacks of a concerted effort to harass the biker and his family for exposing the behavior of the officer.

Again, well said. The department decided to move ahead with the oher charges. And I agree. It seems weak. If it had been a drunk driver in a cage who video taped him, the result would have been likely the same. Some are particularly upset by the fact that this was a mc rider. It's good to seperate facts from feelings.

ie:

The officer CHARGED the rider - He approached quickly. Should he have "strolled" up?

The officer wrecklessly pulled in front - The rider was stopping/stopped.

The officer was foolish to not wait for backup - He did. When he stepped out, the marked unit was on scene. We just don't see it until a few seconds later.

The officer should have identified himself more quickly - Yup. And the rider has admitted he knew he was a LEO.

There is no "magic" here.

The rider was followed for a significant distance by the unmarked, was likely still speeding when he passed the marked car. Then slowed, thinking, "oh god...if I'm gonna get stopped I better slow down".

The first officer has the right to "call" the offense, the marked unit backed him up, and wrote the cite.

Interesting to compare how this off-duty LEO handled this reckless motorcycle rider in this thread. Am I to be condemned for doing...nothing?

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=581681&page=1

If I had tried something like that while off-duty, it would guarantee me a visit in the lieutenants office. The conversation would start, "what the hell were you thinking"?

The charge is crazy. We are all on video several times a day - without being informed. Seems to be OK if law enforcement or Big Brother is doing the recording it's all good. It's over reaching guys like this cop that justify the need/right to record them!

Search of his house? Abuse of power. There seems to be more of this going on - minor offenses being used as justification for premises searches.

America - One nation, under surveillance.

Edit: If the law is meant to protect 'undercover' cops - he blew his cover by his actions. This was certainly no 'undercover' drug operation.

Looks to me like two wheelies, and at least two unsafe lane changes going from the #3 right lane to the #1 left lane then back later, all in one maneuver. Officer drew his weapon, but never pointed it, yes maybe could have gotten out and said state police, shut bike off instead of the other way around. Looked like an unmarked car to me, not off duty-but I don't know. Looks like he was attempting to help stop the bike due to his observations and that off the marked unit that came up. Again, I dont know. Anyone who has ever tried to stop a bike knows that it is very hard.

And the license to kill comment? Oh please, no one is 007 here.

No matter how many times I watch the video, I cannot see a flash of a badge. This is very recent, but I'll be amazed if the illegal recording charge doesn't get thrown out when this gets to court. The unidentified officer merely walked into a video that was already recorded, and if I had been the rider, I would probably have completely forgotten about the camera at that point.

I don't know if it's widespread, or just the law of averages, but Maryland has had some bad police horror stories recently. Last week, a friend of my daughter's, in a brand new car, driving while black, was pulled over, and police literally tore the car apart looking for drugs (and finding none). I don't know what, if anything, is going to be done about the torn upholstery and other damage to her new car.

Two years ago, the mayor of a small Maryland town, Berwyn Heights, was the victim (and use that term intentionally, because I think that is exactly the right term in this case) of an overly-aggressive county police action. Shoot First, Ask Questions Later

Acting on a tip that a 32-pound package of marijuana had been sent by Federal Express from Arizona to Mr. Calvo's home (addressed to his wife, Trinity Tomsic), Prince George's police swung into action....

Posing as a deliveryman, a deputy took the package to the family's door. After Mr. Calvo's mother-in-law initially refused to sign for it, the package was finally taken into the home, where it sat, unopened, on the living room floor. Whereupon the deputies, guns drawn, kicked in the door, stormed the house and shot to death the Calvos' two Labrador retrievers, one of them, apparently, as it attempted to flee. The canine threat thus dispatched, the mayor -- in his briefs -- and his mother-in-law were handcuffed and interrogated in close proximity to the bloodied corpses of their dogs.

Mayor Calvo is suing, although the county police appear to be stonewalling:

Calvo said he and his attorneys have been denied even basic documents related to the case since the incident.

"I don't even have a police report yet," he said Friday after the ruling. "I just want to get the facts on the table; it's been 17 months."

DaveTheAffable
No matter how many times I watch the video, I cannot see a flash of a badge.

A better word is "glimpse". On the short video, at 12 seconds, as the officer holster's his gun, and his shirt hem is raised, you can see it.

Very common to wear the badge, next to the gun off duty/under cover.

He probably wasn't overly worried about identifying himself further because there was A UNIFORMED STATE TROOPER ON SCENE, and the biker was co-operating.

rpg

I have pulled my weapons countless times. The standard is that what the officer believes to be a threat. i may have not done the same but am not gonna BBQ the guy for it. Monday morning QB of this type of stuff is why I would never want a citizen review board. Plumbers, doctors, PC repairmen and the like don't have a clue what it's all about.

I have made many arrests in plain clothes w/o showing my badge and by identifying myself verbally.

What the officer perceived was: a jackass on a bike, clearly speeding criminally and pulling stunts to boot.

Similar situation happened to me a few years back......bike rider was crazy to pull this $hit in front of me. I made the stop and ordered the guy off the bike at GP. Bike was stolen. Give the officer a break. Geeeez.

motorman587
Short version:

guy squidding it up on a sportbike stops at a traffic light. Maryland cop NOT in uniform jumps out of car, DOES NOT IDENTIFY SELF AS COP, and pulls gun on rider. Unknown to cop (until later), rider has helmet cam and is recording the whole incident. Never mind the stunting: rider is now in extra-deep doo-doo for felony recording without consent of the officer.

Article - with video - here.

So...if a guy jumps out of a car and points a gun at you...doesn't identify himself as a cop...what would you do?

What's gonna happen to this guy? What's gonna happen to the cop?

The cop does say "State Police", and there is a state cop behind the him also. On the video it is clear that the person is a reckless driver. Most off duty or plain clothes officer carry there badge next to there gun. What I saw in the video is rider being reckless, which in most state is a crime. Having sport bikes run from me and sure this officer also, the reason for the "take down", in most states fleeing is a felony, this officer pulled his weapon to stress his point.

motorman587
Interesting to compare how this off-duty LEO handled this reckless motorcycle rider in this thread. Am I to be condemned for doing...nothing?

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=581681&page=1

If I had tried something like that while off-duty, it would guarantee me a visit in the lieutenants office. The conversation would start, "what the hell were you thinking"?

Me too!!! Not worth it.

ericfoerster

Very seldom do I take action off duty as well. In my almost 20 years on the job there has only been a few times that I can think of and usually it’s a 911 call and I go into witness mode for the cop who does catch the call.

A few months back I was in a neighboring town on my home the golf course and had no weapon available and no badge with me. I witnessed a guy smacking a female around pretty good. I jumped from my car and called 911. As the officers were being dispatched the suspect stopped and I stayed by my car. Several minutes before the officers arrived he started up again and I had to take action. No badge, no gun, no nothing. I jumped in a had to pin the guy to the ground after a brief fight.

When the officer arrived he told me that he would not have taken action because he could have been hurt. The lady sustained some pretty good injuries and I was glad to help.

I watched maybe 20-30 spineless people walking past without ever trying to assist this lady or myself when the fight began.

I am glad the officer took action in this case because we have enough idiots out terrorizing our roads and not enough enforcement action as-is.

Funny thing is that in my 44 years of living I have never had a gun pulled on me by a police officer. I guess it’s how you live your life that determines how you get treated. I did get searched once in High School, but hey, I had a black 71 beetle with dark tinted windows and it would hoist the wheels off the ground from time to time!

russell_bynum

I am glad the officer took action in this case because we have enough idiots out terrorizing our roads and not enough enforcement action as-is.

FWIW, I don't think the officer needs to be crucified for waiting to identify himself. I'm just saying...it would have been better if he'd started by identifying himself.

I'm still not clear on why the rider was being stopped. Starting at 1:06 when he passed the marked car in the median, from what I can see at the very worst he was speeding a little.

What we don't know, is at what point did the marked car turn on the siren and bubble gum machine to initiate the stop? My initial assumption was that the unmarked guy made the stop and then the marked car showed up shortly thereafter. Now is sounds like maybe the marked car was there all along and initiated the stop?

Funny thing is that in my 44 years of living I have never had a gun pulled on me by a police officer. I guess it’s how you live your life that determines how you get treated.

In general I agree with that. I'm just not understanding what he did that warranted the gun being out at all. The worst thing I saw was a small power wheelie and some speeding...but I don't think the LEO's were around when he was doing that. (Not saying that makes it OK, but if they didn't know it was going on then how could they stop him for it?) When the LEO's were around, he didn't do anything other than maybe speeding...I don't really know how fast he was going, but from 1:06 on, it wasn't much faster than the surrounding traffic. Thoughts?

So...I think the handling of the stop could have been better. It wasn't terrible...but there's definitely room for improvement.

The wiretapping thing just seems completely bogus, though.

Firefight911
When the LEO's were around, he didn't do anything other than maybe speeding...I don't really know how fast he was going, but from 1:06 on, it wasn't much faster than the surrounding traffic. Thoughts?

You can see the digital speed readout. Fastest I saw was 81 mph. Hardly gun drawing speeds but, hey, I wasn't there.

Q for you LEO sorts: I'm hard of hearing & also have to wear ear plugs to preserve what hearing I have left. I can't respond to or understand any verbal commands with my helmet on & I have to assume I won't hear any sirens. And I sure as hell hope no one not in uniform tries to stop me or worse yet pulls a gun on me........

Am I off base? - a hazard?

Verbal identification?

Query, without supporting visuals such as a highly visible badge/credentials/jackets/etc, that might not be enough for me.

My neighbors in Miami were beaten, robbed, tied up and left for dead by men who identified themself as "police officers".

Thre son had died in an accident and this crew preyed on families who had some intial contact w/law enforcement.

We've also had several case recently, one a repeat offender, of police impersonators.

I'm still troubled by this as I am generally supportive of LEO actions but this seems to be too much with the other marked car making a lawful stop.

Verbal identification?

Query, without supporting visuals such as a highly visible badge/credentials/jackets/etc, that might not be enough for me.

This very question occurred to me, too. Around here have been many instances of police impersonators victimizing unwitting citizens. However, if I were being pulled over by a marked car and another guy with Glock 22 jumped out of an unmarked car my first thought would probably be that it was a plainclothes cop. Absent that, and without more, I'm not sure that I'd buy anyone's verbal assurance that he was a police officer.

Eric, please take a deep breath. We are all friends here.

I disagree with you that my calling and asking if what I read on line was true caused the investigation to become "muddied". Yes, it was another state, but I live in the United States. And, I do have a very nice life. :)

Give the officer a break. Geeeez.

I can't speak for others but, while I was surprised to see the gun pulled, the total picture that caused me to call was created by the subsequent search of the house after the officer discovered he was on YouTube. My initial reaction was one of disbelief that all this could be true, so I called to find out. The answer I got was "it's all being investigated" which led me to believe everyone's actions were being investigated.

This thread and the other examples of apparent police misconduct shown in the various links here for sure has nudged me one step closer to installing an unobtrusive permanently mounted DVR on my main bike.

It's very seldom that something goes wrong "out there" between normal, should I say non-criminal people, and the police. But when that happens and it ends up being sorted out in courts with their word against mine, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess who's word the courts are more inclined to believe.

Many PD's have video cameras in the dash of their vehicles to provide unbiased evidence of what pays out in front of the camera.

Seems to me similar "evidence" being gathered by civilians would be equally good idea.

The captured video is not always the complete story but it's better than nothing.

At least it should help in proving wrong statements (made by either side) that are simply made up and not true.

[edit]

And obviously slapping a sticker on the windscreen that say "Smile, you are being recorded" :-)

So that later my house doesn't get raided and all computers confiscated (including the ones I use for work) because of alleged illegal wiretapping.

I'd insert a smiley face here if this was funny.

--

Mikko

IMHO, there was really no reason for the plain clothes LEO to get involved in the stop. Call it in and let the marked unit handle it. If you feel there might be a problem, back up the marked unit.

The wiretapping/search part of this story is nonsense.

IMHO, there was really no reason for the plain clothes LEO to get involved in the stop. Call it in and let the marked unit handle it. If you feel there might be a problem, back up the marked unit.

The wiretapping/search part of this story is nonsense.

What I said earlier.

Just as a thought, not saying any of this applies to the video being discussed, just something to chew on. It seems to me from some of the reading of different articles on this stop that the unmarked car was actually an undercover car with an on duty officer. I kinda figured from the video it was too. Any way, my department when it had an auto theft task force, they quite often paired up a marked car with UC cars. The UC cars would block the offender as the marked car came up from behind. Risky, yes, but it helps prevent pursuits. I have attempted to stop several bikes, that as soon as they saw the lights or became aware of me, dumped the clutch and were gone. No chance at catching the guy. If I had had someone get in front of the offender and block him, forcing him to back up, like the guy in the video, it would have given me the few seconds needed to persuade the guy to shut the bike off. Due to the habit of some sport bikes to race off, most of my bike stops now (well when I was on the street) were conducted in a place and manner to prevent the rider from riding off, not just along side of the road where they had a straight stretch to punch it. When I would get out, I made sure the rider knew I was serious, no gun play, but clear, concise orders said at a volume that I suspect most heard. Once bike was off and helmet was off, all was cool, thanked the guy, explained the reason for the style of stop, what he did etc etc. Every rider said he understood and was cool with it.

You will also start seeing many PD's upgrading from dash cams to chest cams.

http://www.ehsequipment.com/vidmic/index.php

Cool technology, I'm all for that.

Maybe Garmin or Autocom will some day release similar product for us :) a Zumo with forward looking little camera that keeps a rolling buffer of last 15 min on the SD card.

Garmin, feel free to use the idea, LOL.

--

Mikko

Archived