IGNORED

4th Annual N. California Annual Tech Daze and Motorcyclist 1st Aid

Firefight911

Firefight911

I have received several inquiries in to this so I figured I should get something posted as it is usually up and well in to the planning stages by now.

I have been working on this project for a while and, unfortunately, it doesn't seem that logistically it is going to happen.

The Tech Daze has been held at A&S BMW for the last couple years as it outgrew my house (75 bikes with over 50 being worked on at once one year) but A&S has been victim to the economy and have modified their hours and cut their work force such that this event doesn't fit in to their business model this year.

As for the 1st Aid class, the same holds true as it relates to A&S. I am working on securing another location, mainly my fire department training class room, but have not gotten through the bureaucracy to be able to firm up a location/date.

At this point, I am still willing to do something but time is running out for a spring fling. Once summer takes hold we'll all be out riding and, again due to the economy, it looks as though local government fire departments may be a bit busy helping put the fires out around the state. Initial indications show a reduced hiring of Cal Fire assets which will burden the local government fire departments to help put out our annual conflagrations in the interface, etc. out here in California. That means I may be busy.

I've had some cursory conversation with Cary at MotoMarin BMW but it has not gotten me any responses. With the economy hitting him enough to hold a 'stay in business' sale recently, the same conditions probably exist there.

If someone has some ideas or would care to step up and take the reins I can help, otherwise, we may have to pass on an event this year.

Sorry!

We can always do another tech daze here but I don't think I can come close to the facilities of years past. However I do have a lift and a tire changing set up......would probably be good to get folks to sign up in advance to avoid someone getting stuck here late/not having enough space. I do have the cement pad out in back of the garage for extra parking/workspace but (as many of you know) it is mainly unpaved as far as general parking.

cali_beemer

If you have a tech daze at Deadboys house, I would be more than happy to drive my motorycle lift and air compressor to run the lift, up to his house so there could be another repair station for someone to use. I can also bring some tools. I have a custom made socket with cutaway for the pivot on the final drive. Any tools like torq drivers, heat gun for stingy locktite bolts ....etc... Whatever helps!

I have been working on ths project for a while and, unfortunately, it doesn't seem that logistically it is going to happen.

......but A&S has been victim to the economy and have modified their hours and cut their work force such that this event doesn't fit in to their business model this year.

Oh Bugger! I really enjoyed the last two and appreciated the A&S techs assistance/support and tipped accordingly.I also bought oil/filter brake pads etc at the parts counter so they received money from me that they otherwise would not see (I'm 100 miles east). Its a pity they cannot do this again as its been financially bleak the past year and a half and therefore paying for dealer servicing is out of the question (surely I'm not alone in that regard, hence I wonder what the business model must be?).

Firefight911

I hear ya Snurdle! I do. Literally, just got back from A&S after dropping Jamie's bike off for the new tank and stalling recall (all warranty) and confirmed this yet again.

Oh well.

Still hoping someone else will take the reins and get us a suitable location, time, etc. so we can help out the N. Californians in their quest to tech, lie, eat, lie, tech, eat, lie some more, and laugh all teh way home afterward!

Well you just missed Bigfish's Tech Daze down here in Dry Town, but for the M/C First Responder Training for Motorcyclists class you Northerners can still ride down to San Diego for my class on June 6th. :thumbsup:

Dang, Phil. That's a real shame that the dealers up north can't afford to even let you use the facilities for a First Responder class. Seems like it'd be good advertising for the shop and a valuable service to the local riding community and a source of public goodwill.

Archived