IGNORED

Chesterton Windmill

Steve1962

Out on the bike again today - first time for a few weeks .

I called Andy [ Boffin ] early pm to see if he fancied a ride out .

We agreed a meet point , and whislt I was waiting a squally shower blew in , resulting in this lovely rainbow .....

chesterton0069jr.th.jpg

We made our way to Banbury , where we briefly parked up to get the necessary photos ........

chesterton0093xc.th.jpg

chesterton0101dp.th.jpg

Banbury Cross .........

chesterton0117ij.th.jpg

Then we rode up the A423 - Andy led the way on this , one of his favourite roads , and having ridden it I can see why .

We ended up at Chesterton Windmill ...........

chesterton0124cg.th.jpg

chesterton0134du.th.jpg

Some history ..............

chesterton0156mv.th.jpg

chesterton0163or.th.jpg

And finally , a view across country towards Warwick .....

chesterton0146hm.th.jpg

Andy,

Thanks for joining me at such short notice [ ,.like I had to twist his arm !!!]

Steve

There I was sat at my desk at work, finishing up a boring report when my mobile (cellphone) rang. It was Steve asking if I fancied a ride-out. Hmm, option 1, stay in the office on my own doing really boring report-writing. Option 2, take the long-way home.

Ten minutes later saw me heading out of Leicester on the M69. Well, what would you have done grin.gif

I met up with Steve and we had a good ride down some great roads. Shortly after we visited Chesterton windmill, we split up, Steve heading south on the Fosse Way (a roman road) and I north.

The first five or ten miles of my bit of the Fosse Way must have been sub-contracted out by the Romans, as it is far from straight thumbsup.gif.

All in all, my ten-mile commute became a 120 mile ride home clap.gif

It is great to be able to share these rides with friends, both in person and through the internet.

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

p.s. I notice Steve has posted thumbnails, just click on the pics for the full-sized version.

Francois_Dumas

Nice pics !! Oops, I 'rated' one of them as '1' (thinking I was pushing a 'next' button of sorts..... sorry !! blush.gif

Francois,

Thanks.

I need to try and sort out the method to get the photos on the site properly ,

Steve

Francois_Dumas

Click on a photo on your photo site, then right-click on it, select 'properties', select the URL that is shown, and paste that into the BMWST message using the img command/icon ooo.gif

Click on a photo on your photo site, then right-click on it, select 'properties', select the URL that is shown, and paste that into the BMWST message using the img command/icon ooo.gif
First he needs to reduce the size to something more reasonable like 800-1000 pixels wide.

Archived