IGNORED

2010 Epic Memorial Ride + Rally for Anita Zaffke (May 1, 2010)

Greg Zaffke II

Greg Zaffke II

memorialpatch.zaffke.png

Saturday May 1, 2010

Ride with us in memory of my mom, Anita Zaffke, killed May 2, 2009, in "The Nail Polish Crash" by a driver who was painting her nails while driving.

We will be kicking off Motorcycle Awareness Month and honoring all loved ones lost due to the negligent & reckless driving of other motorists in a massive Share the Road rally after the ride.

We will not be saying "Please" See Motorcycles. We will be coming together to demand people pay attention while they drive.

In 2006, my mother embarked on her Epic Ride. By herself, she rode her motorcycle for 2 weeks + 5,000 miles, camping, writing her book + taking photographs the whole way, through Yellowstone, up the Oregon Coast through Seattle to Vancouver, BC & back home to Chicago.

She had so much fun on that trip, I can't think of a better way to honor her & all loved ones lost under similar circumstances than with the biggest, most epic memorial ride + awareness rally ever!

All makes & models of motorcycles, cyclists, pedestrians & even conscientious car & truck drivers are welcome so invite as many people as you can!

Main Ride - Delavan, WI through the crash site to Lake Zurich, IL.

Registration NOW OPEN: http://epic.blacknailbrigade.org

Thanks for the support!

Greg Zaffke II - Black Nail Brigade - Think + Drive Or People Die

Email: greg@blacknailbrigade.org

Greg,

I wish I could be there with you on May 1.

If you have an on line petition, or anything that I can sign, I'd be more than willing to do so.

I'm also making a point of letting our elective representatives know that inattentive driving has to be met with hard time and long sentences.

Take good care and thank you for what you are doing for riders down the road.

Our support and sympathy will be there in spirit.

Perhaps this will foster local rides, if that is your wish, also.

Archived