IGNORED

camping arrangement

SANTA

I have booked a room, but am reconsidering and may bring the tent to camp. so my question is

will the camping area be reasonably private and secure but have good access to washrooms etc?

Camping is on the front lawn between motel rooms and the bike parking area. The washroom/shower area is a short walk across the parking lot to the RV area.

When I called the lodge, they knew nothing of camping, finilly got the manager and she said to just show up and that somebody will gladly take money. Cool

I had the same experience when I called the Lodge / Motel / Store / RV Park - AKA Topaz Lodge. I suppose unless there is risk of overflowing the lawn, we can sort it out when we get there. I have to admit it is usually only winter motorcyclists that plan in detail July trips in February so I understand why they might be caught off guard ;-)

Camping is on the front lawn between motel rooms and the bike parking area. The washroom/shower area is a short walk across the parking lot to the RV area.

I also called about camping on the Lawn which they knew nothing about. They took my name and phone number and said that they would look into it and get back to me. They also started a list of people interested in camping.

Tallman: i suspect "Your front yard" is about a 3x6 concrete patio :grin: which would be about a comfortable as a RV site... and just as private (non)

I've got a call into the manager requesting clarification of the Lodge's camping reservation requirements. I'll post the official word here as soon as I get a response.

We (The Unrally Team) are keeping track of the number of campers (as well as rooms reserved) based on information you provided when registering for the Unrally.

If you wish to check your Unrally registration info, goto www.unrally.com and click on the link for "Signed Up" (left column near top.)

Notify myself or drswift via PM of any corrections needed.

Tallman: i suspect "Your front yard" is about a 3x6 concrete patio :grin: which would be about a comfortable as a RV site... and just as private (non)

We'll even let you run an extension cord for power.

$39.95 per night.

We'll even let you run an extension cord for power.

$39.95 per night.

sure... there goes the beer money... might just be cheaper to rent the room and setup the tent between the beds...

Actually if the organizers have a layout of the grounds with circles and arrows and glossy 8x11's.... that would probably help

i checked on the registered list and so far there's only 5-6 planning on camping or RV'ing. maybe we should have a seperete camping ground thread

There are no formal camp sites for the tent campers.

Camping is in the area shown in the picture below:

09.jpg

We, the Unrally Team, will limit camping registrations if necessary to prevent overcrowding of this area.

RVers can reserve a site in the on site RV park, however no tent campers are allowed in the RV park.

OK. The official word:

Campers with paid unrally registrations need to call the lodge (hotel reservation option) to make their camping reservation. Campers names will be placed on a list.

***** IMPORTANT!!!!! *****

AS OF THIS POST TIME AND DATE, THERE ARE NO NAMES ON THE LIST!!!

CAMPERS (with paid unrally registrations) PLEASE, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PREVIOUSLY CALLED, CALL AGAIN TO GET YOUR NAME ADDED TO THE LIST.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Having stayed there before I know that's a busy area.

Okay Dave explain? lots of people wandering around ? or do we have some sense of security of our belongings?

John; i could never understand the fascination with grass it tends to go "up in smoke" beer is better

I've also stayed at the Topaz Lodge before, that is not a secure area. It's the lawn between the parking lot and the rooms. People will be walking past to and from their cars.

Our group will have all the rooms behind the grassy area and the adjacent area, with motorcycle parking on the other side of the lawn. The only people that might be walking thru the area will be other UnRally attendees hanging out by the picnic tables.

I also called about camping on the Lawn which they knew nothing about. They took my name and phone number and said that they would look into it and get back to me. They also started a list of people interested in camping.

They (the resort management) called me back today as they said they would. I am now on the list as a camper. And as for any concerns about security I plan on leaving anything of value in someones room when I'm away from the area.

And as for any concerns about security I plan on leaving anything of value in someones room when I'm away from the area.

You guys are being paranoid. I have camped for 32 years and have only seen one couple get stuff stolen from there campsite in all those years. I hope I did not jinx myself now..............

If I am able to make it I will be putting up a tent also. Not sure about being able to get away for the UN this round, but am doing my best to come up with a plan and funds to pull it off.

I've been an avid camper for years and have not been ripped off either. The folks that pitch tents are usualy super friendly and not thieves. There is almost allways someone left around camp and after an evening of hanging out by the fire they tend to look out for everyones stuff discouraging thieves. Now I have heard stories of stuff being stolen, but apparently have been blessed with tremendous good luck in that area of my life. Of course now that I have said it the next time I go out I'll be the guy whos whole camp site vanishes into thin air, and the park will want me to pay for the picnic table and campground grill that get stolen along with all my gear...

And if for some reason, someone in a room wants to use a grill and picnic table?

Should not be a problem. Plenty of grills, including one by the pool!

And if for some reason, someone in a room wants to use a grill and picnic table?

If you do near a grill I am camped by, make mine well done.

And as for any concerns about security I plan on leaving anything of value in someones room when I'm away from the area.

You guys are being paranoid. I have camped for 32 years and have only seen one couple get stuff stolen from there campsite in all those years. I hope I did not jinx myself now..............

a wHOLE ton of stuff got ripped off from the middle of the camp area @ the TOR Paonia, CO one year.

Boots, helmet, both RT hard cases with items inside.

Don't for any reason be fooled like it cannot happen.

Oh - and there were peeps all over the park when this heist went on. 100's of people - talkin' and partying and carrying on -- some cat walked in and stole it all.

Keep your guard up.

a wHOLE ton of stuff got ripped off from the middle of the camp area @ the TOR Paonia, CO one year.

Boots, helmet, both RT hard cases with items inside.Don't for any reason be fooled like it cannot happen.

Oh - and there were peeps all over the park when this heist went on. 100's of people - talkin' and partying and carrying on -- some cat walked in and stole it all.

Keep your guard up.

So, does this mean we should be looking for a guy who wears your size helmet and boots and who may resemble the person in your avatar? I'll keep a look out for him!

Boots, helmet, both RT hard cases with items inside.

Don't for any reason be fooled like it cannot happen.

Keep your guard up.

Well you could repack everthing, go on your ride for the day and set up again every night. Not saying it cannot happen, just seems to rare IMO to worry about. TBS I only keep the tent, bag, mattress, chairs at the sight, other stuff usually stays packed. Not for fear of being stolen, just to lazy to repack again.

I'll have a room in plain view of the campsite with security cameras running 24/7 (including night vision infrared).

I'm also willing to store any gear in my room for those that don't want to leave anything behind.

And for the truly paranoid, the hotel offers safe deposit boxes. :grin:

BTW is says on the registration site that it is $20 per camper and $30 for RV site. When you say camper, do you mean per tent or per person (camper)? If thats the case I will get an RV site and save $10 a night since there will be two of us.

So, does this mean we should be looking for a guy who wears your size helmet and boots and who may resemble the person in your avatar? I'll keep a look out for him!

Just put a picture of Bone's avatar in front of the tent with WELCOME.... it will send any thief away screaming with sleep-filled nightmares

• 3 weeks later...
Inkydinkyspider

Anybody got a room they want to share/split cost for the Sunday/Monday to Thursday 15th checkout time frame?. I'm off to the MOA then.

Archived