IGNORED

A Leafy Loop

Bob Palin

Having seen the trees from my truck on Saturday and Sunday I wanted to get closer so I took the KLR out for a ride on Thousand Lake Mountain on Monday. The tale here is the short version, many more pictures (29) are included on the ride tale on my web site.

leafloop_001.jpg

The KLR finds some trees, this is the dirt road up the western side of TLM from UT 72

leafloop_003.jpg

Trees!

leafloop_008.jpg

Small trails lead everywhere

leafloop_013.jpg

Massive views over the park to the Henry Mountains

leafloop_021.jpg

Pleasant little fishing holes

leafloop_022.jpg

Cathedral Valley, a real gem

leafloop_028.jpg

Colour everywhere

Good grief, Bob...

With awesome sport-riding roads for hundreds of miles in all directions, spectacular vistas everywere, and thousands of miles of dirt trails to explore, how do you ever get anything done?

cool.gif

Good grief, Bob...

With awesome sport-riding roads for hundreds of miles in all directions, spectacular vistas everywere, and thousands of miles of dirt trails to explore, how do you ever get anything done?

cool.gif

What else is there to do? clap.gif

Bob,

It looks like you're just behind us in the leaf change show, but I must say yours looks more spectacular. Thanks for posting the nice pix.

Dave

Bob, will you take me on that ride in Spring on my GS (is it doable on that bike?)?

--sam

It's doable on the GS provided you have some previous experience in the dirt, it wouldn't be a good place to start. Whether we can do it in the spring really depends on how much snow falls, this year the high country road wasn't open until late June though in previous years I've done it in May.

Beautiful photos all Bob, but one (actually several) left me breathless. The wide shot of the red Aspens in front of Hens Hole Peak, with the blue sky and wispy clouds out back.

It would've taken Ansel Adams weeks, maybe months to take those photographs, and by then most would be gone.

Thanks

It would've taken Ansel Adams weeks, maybe months to take those photographs, and by then most would be gone.
Ah, but he didn't have a KLR so I'll cut him some slack (Ansel Adams! Wow, thanks!)

Yea, I thought about that. He was probably drivin' a Hudson or maybe a Borgward and using an 8x10 negative. And you're quite welcome, that was nice stuff.

I gotta come see that someday. Was close a few times but had to keep movin'. You're fortunate to live there but you already knew that.

Archived