IGNORED

Advice on New Orleans

rickmoen

Hi All,

Three buddies and I have had it with winter in Wisconsin, so were loading the bikes into a covered trailer and heading south! We leave Wisconsin on Feb 19 for Ocala, Florida, and arrive there on Feb 20. From there, we ride along the Gulf Coast towards New Orleans and arrive there on Feb 24. We leave on Feb 27 and arrive in Daytona, FL, for the beginning of Bike Week. Head for home on Mar 1. Any great sights along the Gulf Coast or in New Orleans that should not miss? None of us have there before and we are not big drinkers (although a beer at the end of the day is nice). Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Rick

Nice lunch/dinner spots inCedar Key, St' George island/Appalachicola.

Gets pretty touristy along the water past there.

Many of the roads along the coast are not on the water, but are inland.

In a few places you can actually see the gulf.

There are side roads through Steinhatchee, Dekle Beach in the Big Bend that show some old coast and then again a bit past Carrabelle.

Past Apalachicola you are inland until you head over towards PC?Destin/Seaside etc.

Those areas are typically busy and slow going on a mc.

Camping/motels?

There is more, I'll follow this thread WRT to meeting etc.

Best wishes.

Best Seafood Restuarant in New Orleans is out on Old Metarie Rd. It's called The Gallery. Awesome food at a reasonable price. My Dad always took us there whenever we visited. Linky

Rick,

It looks like you will be in the New orleans area for a couple of days. There is lots to see and do, it just depends upon your interests. Food, music, art, history, architecture, etc. What types of things do you like?

Rick

No one has mentioned the Natchez Trace. I dove the upper portion a couple years back and thought the southern portion might be an interesting experience if you can take some time and savor it's history.

Archived