IGNORED

Aux Fuel Cells

namtinker

I finally fitted two aux fuel cells to my GS. Gives me an additional 15 liters of fuel. And by removing the carrier, the tanks come off as well. I like it better than the top box smirk.gif

568158-IMGP0160.JPG.6d4d31918db9bbae1c3642ef2833678a.JPG

what do you do, take them off and pour into the gas tank? sounds like a good cheap alternative to a $1000 plumbed in fuel cell.

If you pay more than ~$200, you got robbed...

No fancy plumbing yet. The bike is still under warranty and BMW gets extremely antsy about any permanent mods. The two tanks are just plumbed together through quick disconnects and a small fuel pump. Since I stop in any case after around 300km to stretch the legs, I just plug into the accessory port and pump the aux fuel into the tank. Out of warranty, the line will be hard piped through a bulkhead fitting into the tank and the pump wired through a cockpit switch. I don't like these high gravity tanks and will lower the tanks to just above the panniers. Till then, this will have to do!

I don't like these high gravity tanks and will lower the tanks to just above the panniers.

The nice things about the current positioning is that it appears you're ready to go to go to warp speed at any time. Bring the warp nacelles down too low, and they're likely to lose effectiveness.

Greg

Yeah, for that option I included a seperate pipe that exits just above the hot exhaust.

I was playing with the idea of piping it direct in the main chamber, but "afterburner" effect would have generated to much torque.

Now if I could get the exhaust centered... thumbsup.gif

Archived