IGNORED

F650/F800 recall - stalling/charcoal Cannister

Firefight911

We've know about the problem for awhile and have already remedied it. I thought we had posted the info at the time but maybe not??

We've know about the problem for awhile and have already remedied it. I thought we had posted the info at the time but maybe not??

Actually YOU knew about the problem (as it died several times with you in the rain and puddles) and the F800 forum had the answer after a couple of months. That came just before we left for NH, and you did run in the rain again, so nice to know THEN!

• 4 weeks later...

Still nothing. I guess there is solace in knowing that BMW isn't the only manufacturer that deals with their issues this way!

LINKY

:dopeslap:

From the article in Phil's link.

Dealers in the U.S. are being deluged with queries from worried customers. For dealers in Japan, it's basically business as usual.

Fixed.

Dealers in the U.S. are being deluged with queries from worried customers. For the manufacturer in Germany, it's basically business as usual.

Somehow I just don't see how they can gloss over this with the intro of the S1000RR. I suppose they think the buying public isn't going to do their homework on a brand they aren't particularly familiar with.

And I won't even go into the FD issue.

I agree Danny. Just read the first two paragraphs of 'Rider' magazine. As I've said, everyone except BMW seems to know what's up.

• 2 months later...
Firefight911

The fix is out.

Jamie's F650 has been completed. Mine is in the shop now.

The resolve is to add a T fitting to the line near the cannister that adds another vent line that runs along the right sub frame rail and terminates at the tail section with a U shaped loop.

The idea is that if/when you are in water and the purge valve activates, the added line will allow breathing capability instead of sucking water and stalling the engine.

The cracked tanks are also done. This info is posted under that thread.

Go see your dealer and get this done. I'm sure they'll claim ignorance. You know the drill, roll eyes, and insist they take care of it. Let me know if I can help.

Archived