IGNORED

riders in the SE I have an option for you

randy

If you live around the SE (i.e. Georgia) You may be thinking you want to go to the Unrally, but the time off is difficult. I have an option for you.

I am taking my Dodge 2500 diesel truck with trailer out. This combination can carry 4 bikes. Actually to be honest my wife is driving the rig out.

The story, our son lives just outside Denver Colorado. Around July 4 Cathy will leave Atlanta, GA and drive out to Denver to visit Ryan. The bikes will be guaranteed to be in Denver by 5pm Thursday July 8.

On Friday night July 9 I am taking the red eye to Denver.

You can fly into Denver, on Thurs, Frid or Sat. We will arrange to pick you up and take you to your bike. I will be spending Saturday July 10 riding with my son around that area. You are welcome to ride with us, and stay the night. Your expense for the motel, my son rents a room in a home, and there is no room at this home.

Then on Sunday July 11 I will start heading towards Unrally location. I will take two days, travelling the best roads I can between Denver and Topaz. Arrive the Unrally on Monday around 5pm local time.

On Thursday July 15 I leave the Unrally and arrive back in Denver around 6pm on Friday July 16. The bikes and the truck head back to Atlanta, GA on Saturday morning July 17. Arriving in Atlanta, GA on Sunday July 18 around 5pm.

So with this schedule you only need to take 5 days vacation. And if you want to leave for the unrally on Friday or Sat (i.e before I do) that is fine. There are really only two “set” deadlines. You cannot pick your bike up earlier than Thursday July 8, and bike must be back in Denver Friday July 16.

If for some reason you want to drive back with me on Sat and Sun you are welcome to ride with me, and not fly. That is up to you. PM me if you are interested or have questions.

If you live around the SE (i.e. Georgia) You may be thinking you want to go to the Unrally, but the time off is difficult. I have an option for you.

I am taking my Dodge 2500 diesel truck with trailer out. This combination can carry 4 bikes. Actually to be honest my wife is driving the rig out.

The story, our son lives just outside Denver Colorado. Around July 4 Cathy will leave Atlanta, GA and drive out to Denver to visit Ryan. The bikes will be guaranteed to be in Denver by 5pm Thursday July 8.

On Friday night July 9 I am taking the red eye to Denver.

You can fly into Denver, on Thurs, Frid or Sat. We will arrange to pick you up and take you to your bike. I will be spending Saturday July 10 riding with my son around that area. You are welcome to ride with us, and stay the night. Your expense for the motel, my son rents a room in a home, and there is no room at this home.

Then on Sunday July 11 I will start heading towards Unrally location. I will take two days, travelling the best roads I can between Denver and Topaz. Arrive the Unrally on Monday around 5pm local time.

On Thursday July 15 I leave the Unrally and arrive back in Denver around 6pm on Friday July 16. The bikes and the truck head back to Atlanta, GA on Saturday morning July 17. Arriving in Atlanta, GA on Sunday July 18 around 5pm.

So with this schedule you only need to take 5 days vacation. And if you want to leave for the unrally on Friday or Sat (i.e before I do) that is fine. There are really only two “set” deadlines. You cannot pick your bike up earlier than Thursday July 8, and bike must be back in Denver Friday July 16.

If for some reason you want to drive back with me on Sat and Sun you are welcome to ride with me, and not fly. That is up to you. PM me if you are interested or have questions.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :Cool::clap::Cool::clap:

Hi randy! :wave:

a really nice way to get from SE USA to NW USA without enduring western TN, missouri and kansas, and to a small extent eastern Co. basically there is nothing I want to ride between Atlanta, GA and Denver, Co. Some people love the highway, I use to, but not any more. Plus I can throw 4 bikes on the truck get 3 other riders and we can drive all night taking turns and be in Denver in about 24 hours. what woudl be three 800 mile days, with the first two mostly highway, turns into one very long day in the truck, then two very fun filled 500 mile days and arrive at the UN actually pretty fresh on Monday. Plus I do not have to buy a new rear tire, and probably new front tire from 6,000 miles of riding over very hot highway paving. But I do know some would rather die than trailer, I am just no longer on of them.

Hopz,

I hear you.

Many reasons, that mainly focus on health.

Never done it and may not like it, but for now, another way to spend time together and get somewhere great to ride.

Stay tuned, someone may be getting a great deal on a trailer next year.

:P

a really nice way to get from SE USA to NW USA without enduring western TN, missouri and kansas

I can relate to that. Plus you get to maximize the time you have for riding the Sierras!

Calvin  (no socks)

Never done Missouri, Kansas isn't that bad...er....its cooler than Texas...some wide open riding in Eastern Co. DAMHIK

One of the "Rather die group"... :thumbsup:

Susan and I have done this type of thing several times. Between Michigan and Colorado/Montana we do a one day tag team drive in the truck. Cuts off days of vacation time we would use getting to were we want to go. It is nice that some of you will be able to do this. We are still in the fun planning the operation stage. The maps are up, the scenic drive books out, and the calendar is well marked!

But I do know some would rather die than trailer, I am just no longer on of them.

In 2001 three friends and myself trailered 4 bikes to Albuquerque, unloaded them at my brother's house and rode to the MOA rally in Bend, Oregon. We crossed the Continental Divide 17 times in four days between Albuquerque and Boise. Saw beautiful scenery in New Mexico and Colorado, the Grand Tetons, Old Faithful, great roads in Idaho, around John Day, and on the way back, Crater Lake, Eastern Calif., Hwy. 50, the Black Canyon, and the Million Dollar Highway.

It was almost the perfect motorcycle trip because we didn't have to kill ourselves getting to and from the Rockies. It's a big country.

Hopz,

I hear you.

Many resons, that mainly focus on health.

Never done it and may not like it, but for now, another way to spend time together and get somewhere great to ride.

Stay tuned, someone may be getting a great deal on a trailer next year.

I have done it a few times, mainly because the better half wants to, I would rather ride, even in the boring states. OTOH it does get you to the fun places faster, but only if you drive through as a tag team. We have to do this when we do our bi yearly migration north and south.

No, good joke.

:thumbsup:

BTDT.

Time changes evrything, then you die.

:grin:

So watch out for a big black Ford with a shiny aluminum trailer.

I hope I don't get profiled.

if I do not get some offers to share the gas, then I will probably just fly into denver and ride Ryan's Ducati 996 there and back.

just as an update, Matt and I have spoken. My wife says she is in. It appears this is getting close to done. basically as noted above

A get your bike to Atlanta, or be on the route from Atlanta to Kansas City prior to Sunday July 3rd. might be Saturday July 2nd.

B fly into denver no later than Friday July 9 approximately 11pm Denver time. If you need to fly in Saturday we maybe able to accomidate, PM for options.

C pick up your bike and enjoy

D have your bike back in Denver no later than Friday July 16 5pm

You can ride back with me and help with driving, or fly back. either way your bike will be back in Atlanta at my house Sunday July 18 around 4pm. You can pick up your bike then or leave it and come back later. I am flexiible and have safe storage at my house. If you need new tires and you bring you bike over on Saturday I can mount new tires for your. You can either bring your tires or have them dropped shipped to my house

Watch your date/days. It is July 3 Saturday/July 4 Sunday. I know because I plan to use the July 4 lack of traffic to ride through Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done it from Atlanta to San Diego many times. My son was in the Marine Corp stationed out there. The cheapest I could do, and that was me crating it and delivering it to the shippers door, was around 385.00 one way. I just checked pricing with forward Air, it is closer to 485.00 one way now. If you use a carrier to pick up at your home prices usually run around 550.00 - 600.00 one way.

I looked into that before making this post. I figure because I already have a truck and trailer, and a reason for my wife to drive out there, we can do it for much less.

However if you find some cheaper alternative let me know, I would love to ship and ride if I could get the round trip shipping costs below 450.00

I found it to be closer to about $600 from Jax to Seattle. I know, Seattle is farther away, but that was part of the trip I was looking at doing. YMMV, etc.

just food for thought.

Archived