IGNORED

1200 RT 6K, ST loaner

ChuckS

I took my 1200 RT in for the 6k (6666 miles) service. Going with Pilots for new tires as the Dunlops are gone. Rear has cord showing cords and front has wear bars. I was given a loner, 1200 ST. Nice bike but feels so much smaller and lighter than the RT. You can sure toss it around though. For me, it is fun but nothing that I would seriously consider though. I am not a fan of the lean angle and with a bad bake the wind is not diverted enough for my taste and comfort. It feels to me like less power, but is the same pre the stats, likely just the wind issue. Certainly shorter and skinner. Might be a choice for a 4th or 5th bike grin: grin.gif

I was given a loner, 1200 ST. Nice bike but feels so much smaller and lighter than the RT. You can sure toss it around though.

THAT'S what I wanted to hear thumbsup.gif.

...feels so much smaller and lighter than the RT. You can sure toss it around though.

Exactly why I chose the ST over the RT (although when I get old enough, maybe I'll buy an RT too). wink.gif

I'm with Tow Jam and I have a bad back too the riding position helps my back stretch out similar to my bicycle and lets me ride longer.I would like a better seat though as it got quite sore after three 700 mile days in a row.

Interestingly enough, the new Motorcycle Consumer News sez that the RT is more sporty than the ST.

On my 6K check, (also replaced the fried Dunlops, but with Z6s) my loaner was a Triumph 650 Daytona. YEEHA x 10! All the same, I was really glad to get my wonderful RT back, and so was my back. Call me old, see if I care! ooo.gif

MY back is taking the brunt as well. aaacccckkkkk.... I can't wait to get my RT back this afternoon. I only ride some 15 miles to and from work, but by the time I get there I am sore. I went to the NW Sportbike rally last month on my RT and was out riding many of the other bikes. I think it has just the right combination grin.gifgrin.gif

Glad to hear I am not the only one blowing through the Dunlops.

Archived