IGNORED

Along the way...

Kathy R

Any comments on rt. 3 from Yreka south to rt. 229?

Paul,

Highway 3 has some nice sections as well, especially near and just north of Trinity Lake and near Highway 36. It has some very slow speed switchbacks thrown in there too, so pay attention. I once rode past an emergency crew pulling a vehicle (cage) up a cliff after what must have been a fatal crash, but that kind of danger exists on every road that we would consider "fun to ride".

Dennis Andress
I'm overwhelmed with the choices between upstate NY and the Sierra Nevada. I'd love to know what you are thinking?

I moved to California the first time in 1980 when the Air Force stationed me darn near in the center of the state, and only 90 miles from Yosemite. Over the next four years I wore out a Yamaha 750 and a rat BMW R90S while only leaving the state once. It seemed like every weekend I could point my bike in a different direction and within 200 miles see something new. There is a lot to see in the Sierra. So skip the rest of the country and high tail it out here!

I'd like to see some of Northern California, haven't been there in decades. Depending on available vacation time and the overall health of the family economy, Laney and I might join ya'll.

.....So skip the rest of the country and high tail it out here!

I'd like to see some of Northern California, haven't been there in decades. Depending on available vacation time and the overall health of the family economy, Laney and I might join ya'll.

I agree with you that most of us east coasters with limited time will be best to spend our time riding in California.

I don't understand this "might join ya'll"! I have only met you both once in Torrey and thought for sure you would be there!

Dennis Andress
.....So skip the rest of the country and high tail it out here!

I agree with you that most of us east coasters with limited time will be best to spend our time riding in California.

I don't understand this "might join ya'll"! I have only met you both once in Torrey and thought for sure you would be there!

We are going to the UN. But, it's not located in what I know as "Northern California." To see some of the places talked about here will add a few days to the trip which we haven't figured out how to do yet.

Archived