IGNORED

Official UN-IX Sierra Adventures Announcement!!!

SageRider

I don't see Leslie and Jamie listed. What's happening?

Or Whip or Killer for that matter!

I probably won't know if I can go for several months, depends on our work schedules.

GREAT location!! I'm registered and can't wait!

I plan to take hwy 50 across UT and NV, I hear the summer breeze is cool and refreshing in NV mid July

I plan to take hwy 50 across UT and NV, I hear the summer breeze is cool and refreshing in NV mid July

One of my favorite roads! You'll love it in July.

hANNAbONE'S "IN" w/sIRrODNEY..!! This could be a fun gig.

(*o yeah*)

I see 10vr is rockin' the house too. It'll be good to see ya again Tim.!

July can't come soon enough...as I sit here at below 0 temps and snow piled to my groin.

!.bRING iT.!

hANNAbONE'S "IN" w/sIRrODNEY..!! This could be a fun gig.

(*o yeah*)

I see 10vr is rockin' the house too. It'll be good to see ya again Tim.!

July can't come soon enough...as I sit here at below 0 temps and snow piled to my groin.

!.bRING iT.!

Dont feel bad,,It.s only going to be 72 deg,s here today,,Time to put the bike in storage for the winter,, :rofl:,,It well be good to see ya ,,Its been a couple of years,,

I haven't seen you and John in ages! Whoo Hoo!

I rode The Loneliest Highway in August years ago. 114 degrees :eek: Great spot for finding top end :grin:

o - yEAH...about that top end...we WILL prolly find it. uh-huh-uh-huh..!

It'll be nice seein' you again, Kathy - been way toooooooo long.!

===============================================================================

Just gotta room on the first floor at the Lodge...now I/we cannot wait.!

Edited by hANNAbONE

In. Checked the registered guest list and found that I'm the only Colorado registrant thus far. What's up with that you Rocky Mountain peeps?

Sissies.... :P

In. Checked the registered guest list and found that I'm the only Colorado registrant thus far. What's up with that you Rocky Mountain peeps?

Umm...They saw that you had registered?? :lurk:

The Un won't happen until July. Although I plan on going, my plans will not be final before June.

Regarding US-50, I was last there in 1978 when I spent a week or so in the Ely hospital after putting my R60/6 under a semi on US-50.

Bob

I haven't seen you and John in ages! Whoo Hoo!

I rode The Loneliest Highway in August years ago. 114 degrees :eek: Great spot for finding top end :grin:

Hi Kathy

Look forward to seeing you again and [yes] has been too long. I think the last time was Jackson Hole, WY.

Wish I still had my Busa for the hwy50 stretch, then I could keep up with John :)

Take care,

Rod

so, I hope I have my dual sport by then. I am looking at smaller 400 - 500 cc dual sport bikes. I like the Husky T510. Anyway is there opportunity for good offroad riding for a smaller dual sport? Or is it mostly for the GS crowd? I guess I can fit the R1100s and dual sport in the truck, maybe bring both. I guess it depends on if I find someone to ride out with me. If there are any other dual sport riders coming PM me, especially if you live in that area.

There will be dirt capable rides for all. We can probably come up with some form of technical difficulty idea as we develop the dirt routes and get closer. We are working on routes that people can see before getting here. Some will have pictures from pre rides that were done to give the participant a glimpse of what they can expect.

I do not anticipate there to be any single track type stuff, but, there are some real good dirt riders working on this so who knows, there just might be some if there is a desire.

One thing I can assure you, there are a lot of dirt opportunities out here.

Count me IN for a couple days of GS riding! Thanks in advance for planning the routes, much appreciated!

Umm...They saw that you had registered?? :lurk:

That's not very nice. I'm going to tell your mother.

In.

Painless registration and room reservation.

Thanks UnCommittee! :thumbsup:

Now, If I can get one of those 1000RR's.... Maybe Phil can work me a discount at A+S.... :grin:

see ya all there. :wave:

MB>

In.

Painless registration and room reservation.

see ya all there.

MB>

aWESOME..!

@ bEEMERBOY -- it'll be good to see you RR - way to long since Gunny #5.

aWESOME..!

@ bEEMERBOY -- it'll be good to see you RR - way to long since Gunny #5.

No kidding! By the way, you owe me a beer and I intend to collect!!

Edited by beemerboy

Just secured the leave at work yesterday!! Goin' for NINE IN A ROW!!! Wooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Maybe Les will even be on her OWN bike again this time! :dopeslap:

Hey all you frozen East Coast types: who's headin' up the Pied Piper this next year?!?!?!?!? :thumbsup:

I'd sure like to make this but it's too soon for me to know. I will say, to those who've done the work, the web site is really well done. Nice job to you all!! :clap:

@hANNAbONE:

Ya gonna shave the chest and get a haircut b4 the UN??

Yeah I know....None of my business...... that'd be worth buying you a beer!!!

Oh yeah-

Heck & the Missus IN!!

Room booked etc.!!!

• 2 weeks later...

IN...and paid even! Can't wait, I love the Eastern Slope area and Carson Valley, even the ride from here to there. I am hoping to continue on from the UN to the MOA Rally. Planning to Camp at this point since I plan to go on to the MOA Rally. Anyone else going on to the MOA Rally after the UN?

Hawk

Sue:

Welcome, :wave: and we look forward to making sure you have a great time. We promise!

Or your money back :S ,,,From Dave,,Not me :rofl: Edited by 10ovr
This is my very first post. I'm all reg. for the unrally. Can't wait to see everyone.

Do your friends and family realize you are vacationing with folks you met on the internet. :eek: Just sayin

skinny_tom (aka boney)
This is my very first post. I'm all reg. for the unrally. Can't wait to see everyone.

Do your friends and family realize you are vacationing with folks you met on the internet. :eek: Just sayin

I met this guy on the internet once. He was pretty cool. We have similar riding styles, though he is much faster than I, and after a few years we had toured a good portion of the United States together. He lives kinda close, so we hang out and go for rides every now and then. When I need something I call him, and when he needs something he calls me. I may have never met him if it weren't for the internet, and I'm a better person because of it. (okay, that last part about me being a better person because of it may be a bit of a stretch.)

Then there's this couple that lives in San Diego...

And a bunch of people in Texas...

Once, this very generous lady who lived in Chicago (at the time) offered to loan me her motorcycle when the reliability of mine was in question (I was near there at the time.)

On the very same trip, in another part of the country, another very generous lady loaned me her bike for a day while mine was in the shop.

We can't forget that gracious host in Utah can we?

I'm sure I missed about a million of you, so I apologise in advance for not recognizing your contributions to my charmed BMWST life.

RevRay, I'm sure you comments were made in jest, and I'm hoping that mine only echo your sentiments about this place. While we all have our differences, BMWST has been more like family since I made the effort to come out and meet ya'll. (in Torrey!) And to think that I (probably) never would have met any of 'em if it weren't for the silly internet.

Edited by b o n e y

[/qoute]RevRay, I'm sure you comments were made in jest, and I'm hoping that mine only echo your sentiments about this place. While we all have our differences, BMWST has been more like family since I made the effort to come out and meet ya'll. (in Torrey!) And to think that I (probably) never would have met any of 'em if it weren't for the silly internet.

In Jest Indeed, no malice intended. I often refer to board members as “internet friends”. My experiences with members from BMWST have all been positive. This will be my fourth UNrally God willing. As I type this I wonder if we have already met, maybe at John Day. I’m not the best at name recognition especially when confounded with board names, with that said I look forward to meeting you at Topaz Lake.

When at a staff meeting with coworkers and colleagues, several years back, I was questioned about vacation plans—typical questions what is an unrally?, Who are you going with?, Work place curiosities about a fellow civil servant. When I told them I was traveling cross country to rendezvous with people I met on the internet, well let’s just say I wish I had a camera to capture all there expressions. Better yet a tape recorded to record the responses. All well meaning I’m sure, with a dark side slant echoing what the main street media often sensationalizes. Just saying.

[/qoute]RevRay, I'm sure you comments were made in jest, and I'm hoping that mine only echo your sentiments about this place. While we all have our differences, BMWST has been more like family since I made the effort to come out and meet ya'll. (in Torrey!) And to think that I (probably) never would have met any of 'em if it weren't for the silly internet.

In Jest Indeed, no malice intended. I often refer to board members as “internet friends”. My experiences with members from BMWST have all been positive. This will be my fourth UNrally God willing. As I type this I wonder if we have already met, maybe at John Day. I’m not the best at name recognition especially when confounded with board names, with that said I look forward to meeting you at Topaz Lake.

When at a staff meeting with coworkers and colleagues, several years back, I was questioned about vacation plans—typical questions what is an unrally?, Who are you going with?, Work place curiosities about a fellow civil servant. When I told them I was traveling cross country to rendezvous with people I met on the internet, well let’s just say I wish I had a camera to capture all there expressions. Better yet a tape recorded to record the responses. All well meaning I’m sure, with a dark side slant echoing what the main street media often sensationalizes. Just saying.

Tell them you have this mountain to ride up at 3am... :grin:

Hey Ray :wave:

MB>

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Didn't make it to John Day. Maybe in Virginia? Regardless, let's meet this summer and tip one to internet friends, old and new.