IGNORED

Official UN-IX Sierra Adventures Announcement!!!

SageRider

I will overnight in Torrey on Saturday, July 10th on the way to the UN. If you have similar plans on the way out to Nevada, drop me a line and we can go grab a meal together on Sat. night.

Cheers!

This was directed at anyone that may be in Torrey that Saturday--not just my old friend and spelling bee champion.

Cheers!

Oh good, I'm planning on being Torrey that day too!

Excellent! I wasn't sure you still had the house in Torrey Bob.

SWMcKinley is riding out with me and we are booked at the Chuckwagon.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm signed up! Will meet you all there. Looking forward to it.

(Now, if only I can get my butt in gear to get to Torrey; one of the most beautiful places on this planet, IMHO.) Maybe September...

sIRrODNEY & Tim/Lori & I will also be in Torrey on Saturday (*Chuckwagon??) We then head to Ely, NV for the Sunday night stay.

Then on in to Topaz on Monday.

tOPAZ ON mONDAY still the call - but we will not be heading to Ely, NV on Sunday.

We'll actually leave Torrey and jump down to Zion and camp.

Then Zion to Topaz via coming in from the south of Calif.

should be an interesting trip.

See ya in Torrey, Lime & Steven.!!

See ya in Torrey, Lime & Steven.!!

Same to ya Bone.

BTW, I've been watching the long range NOAA forecasts and right now the West is looking at hotter than normal temps May - July. Camel backs and evaporative vests, along with Gerbings for the mountain passes will be in order.

Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Dennis Andress

On the west side of the Sierra, August and September are usually the hottest months, when places like Fresno and Merced can see 110 degrees. June is pretty mild, kind of an extension of May. Early July is the start of summer, with temps in the 90's throughout the San Joaquin Valley. It gets hot in the mountains too. Look for mid 80's in Yosemite Valley and along Hwy 41 to Mariposa Grove, where the big trees are. Kings Canyon and Sequoia will be hotter. Summer traffic in Yosemite and Sequoia can be brutal. On a weekend expect to be in queue at 35 mph.

Ditto what Greg said. Carry water, and drink it. Even if it's cool at 8,000 feet, it's an arid place and your body will dehydrate faster then you expect.

• 2 weeks later...
AdventurePoser

Better late than never, as they say....J and I are reserved at Topaz, Sunday thru Wednesday, departing for Silverton CO on Thursday!

We can't wait to see you all.

Steve

Just (finally) squared plans away with work...officially registered a few minutes ago.

Looks like I'll be at the UN. I can't wait!

Just (finally) squared plans away with work...officially registered a few minutes ago.

Looks like I'll be at the UN. I can't wait!

ditto! :grin:

Paul Mihalka

Great! Russell, it will be good to see you again! K75 still running?

Now we have a guarantee that we will have great pictures from the UN :thumbsup:

Great! Russell, it will be good to see you again! K75 still running?

Now we have a guarantee that we will have great pictures from the UN :thumbsup:

+1

It will be great to see you again Russell.

Paul Mihalka
40 days before lift off for me! :clap: I depart on July 1st for a leisurely trip west. :thumbsup:

I'll be two days behind you. I try not to think about it, because if I do I can't think of anything else -and some times I should...

Got 18 Canadians signed up by my count. LesterV looks like he's bringing a the whole town of Grand Forks, BC!

Going to be a direct ride for me since I can't leave until Friday after work. Sixteen hours of daylight will help for the first 500 miles south.

Mike Cassidy

Marty:

Looking forward to seeing you again too, but please bring the Duc. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to try it out. Here I am still puttering along with the same old RT and I'm sure you've had a dozen bikes since we first met in 2003.

Mike

yES, mIKE it'll be really good to see ya in a few weeks.

Have a safe ride - and the first one's on me.!

Marty Hill

Mike, I might make 300 miles on the Duc before I gave up. I'll be on my trusty GS.

Arizona Al is IN!!!!

I'll be there having a good time and will be available to make custom earplugs for anyone who might be in need of such an item--

Will be going from the UN up to Redmond for the MOA and then on to Paonia, CO for the Top O'the Rockies

Look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones--

Al

Arizona Al is IN!!!!

Look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones--

Al

Who ya callin' old? :grin:

C- ya there Al... :wave:

MB>

Got 18 Canadians signed up by my count. LesterV looks like he's bringing a the whole town of Grand Forks, BC!

Going to be a direct ride for me since I can't leave until Friday after work. Sixteen hours of daylight will help for the first 500 miles south.

Mike Cassidy

Only half the town Mike. Some are coming from Kamloops and some from Surrey.

Leaving the 10th and meandering down joining people as we go... see you in a bit......

Work commitments plain and simple are keeping me from making the run this time. Fall Torrey may be in the cards?

• 2 weeks later...
Nice n Easy Rider

The surgeons aren't going to let my wife use her broken ankle for another 6 weeks so Ive had to cancel my UN plans. I just canceled my room reservation so there might be one available if anyone is waiting for one.

Michael, my schedule just freed up so I will be joining the group. Reservations made at Topaz lodge, and fee will gladly be paid if possible, even though registration is closed. Let me know how much trouble I am in! Also, I have a bed available if anyone is looking for a roomie, or if someone else is looking, let me know and I'll free up my room. Thanks

Add one more to the Torrey/Ely route. I'm booked at the Chuck Wagon as well, and at the Bristle Cone in Ely. Silver RT en route from Colorado. We've not me, even though you are just down the road, and I've missed your hill country rides so far, but now that I'm retired.... Would love to see Bob again as the last time we met was over green chile in Ouray (sad story, that). Hope to catch you guys in UT.

Ken

WiFi... the Topaz Resort Website says they have WiFi... anyone know if this is in each room, or is it only in some area like the lobby or what?