IGNORED

Official UN-IX Sierra Adventures Announcement!!!

SageRider

Aridzonan,

Registered and mailed check today for the Sierra Unrally!

Many thanks to Leslie for helping me to enable me to login again.

Senile moment!

Looking forward to seeing you all again in July.

Bob Tomlin

I got really lucky today at the Death Valley Daze's get together in Beatty Nv.

Both Sagerider+Dswift were in attendance so I was able to regester and than give Dave Swift a check to cover.... and saved money on the postage, now I have gas money to get home on.

whoo hoo

Maybe we ought to have a list of the good places to eat and style of food... In the Sierra Nevada area, and especially along the posted rides...

There is no less than 4 people workin' on it...stay tuned.

MB>

What he said!

That's a lot of eatin'! No wonder some people have to run so much, just to stay even.

There is no less than 4 people workin' on it...stay tuned.

MB>

What he said!

That's a lot of eatin'! No wonder some people have to run so much, just to stay even.

Well, we figured we should probably try all of them first!

Hmm, better go to 5 miles a day!!!

It's only ___ days until the Un and I'd like to know where I'm going to be chowing down :D

:grin:

For Breakfast, everyone attends the exercise session first. A short 3 mile hike followed by yoga, then spring water and a granola bar.

For Lunch, you'll be riding your motorcycle through high alpine passes with little or nothing to eat. And you'll like it.

For Dinner, you'll have multiple cocktails and "Hors Doovers", which will all but kill the urge to chow down anything good for you.

You'll repeat this schedule daily until it is time to leave...And you'll like it.

MB>

Santa is now registered, got a room too,

Grits? we get no grits in Canada, but i always try and hit local dinners drive-ins and dives, want to find some real good eats to broaden the pallet...

roughwaterjohn

Not sure yet if I'll be able to get time off for this, but it's a VERY tempting event. Just wondering, if there is anyone else heading up there from San Diego or Southern California. Cruising up by myself would be cool, riding along with other crazies from this site would be even cooler, if that's possible.

Not sure yet if I'll be able to get time off for this, but it's a VERY tempting event. Just wondering, if there is anyone else heading up there from San Diego or Southern California. Cruising up by myself would be cool, riding along with other crazies from this site would be even cooler, if that's possible.
Hi John! :wave:

The Proprietrix, Mama Hoon and I will be heading up from San Diego. We haven't missed one yet and aren't going to start now! :grin:

roughwaterjohn
Hi John! :wave:

The Proprietrix, Mama Hoon and I will be heading up from San Diego. We haven't missed one yet and aren't going to start now! :grin:

Glad to know others will be heading that way from San Diego. Is I-15 to Hwy 395, then following 395 to the destination a decent route, or should something else be considered? Do you split it into two days?

Thanks!

roughwaterjohn
Do you split it into two days?

Hey Pied Pipers, care to ahem.....enlighten John! :grin:

Pat

Unless they can harness the power of the sun, they'll have a difficult time enlightening me, I can be a bit slow at times. :grin:

I've never been on a road trip with less than four wheels, so the more information you can share the better. If you assume I don't know anything yet, you'll only be a bit optimistic.

roughwaterjohn

On that same topic, is there a thread here somewhere for noobs like me to learn about do's/don'ts and preferences for road trips and events. I want to participate as much as possible, so the more I know beforehand, the less trouble I'll be. The emphasis is on "less", not "no". :dopeslap:

Thanks to everyone for their advice and guidance.

roughwaterjohn
John,

Arrive safely.

Introduce yourself.

Buy everyone a beer.

Best wishes.

PS

Make mine a soda

:)

Let's see.....

Arrive,

Introduce the beer

buy every one a safe wish,

no, wait.... I can get this.. Is there going to be a test?

John,

Arrive safely.

Introduce yourself.

Buy everyone a beer.

Best wishes.

PS

Make mine a soda

Let's see.....

Arrive,

Introduce the beer

:rofl::thumbsup:

Nice n Easy Rider
John,

Arrive safely.

Introduce yourself.

Buy everyone a beer.

Best wishes.

PS

Make mine a soda

Let's see.....

Arrive,

Introduce the beer

John, I like you're style and we haven't even met yet. :grin:

roughwaterjohn

John, I like you're style and we haven't even met yet. :grin:

Oh, but we will my friend, some how, some way, or BMW doesn't stand for Beer Makes Wishes. :wave:

John,

Arrive safely.

Introduce yourself.

Buy everyone a beer.

Best wishes.

PS

Make mine a soda

Let's see.....

Arrive,

Introduce the beer

:rofl::thumbsup:

+1

you can get away with most anything if you make us laugh

• 2 weeks later...

Since I don't ride anymore, I seldom look at the Forum. But I recently saw that the next UN would be nearby, sooo. I called Mike to see what's going on. My old boss who's 86 lives in Gardnerville and I have been needing to get to Nevada for a visit and what better excuse than to also see some old friends. I still remember ShortCuts party where UN I got it's start. Hard to believe it has been almost 10 years. I just took a look at all my old pics from the UN's and Torrey that I attended. Good stuff and some great memories.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
Gunnison 2 was the last UN I've been to. I guess it is time. Just signed up.

IN. :thumbsup:

fLIPPIN' sUHWEET.!

it'll be great to see ya Lime my man.!

Hey I am in!!

Registered! Paied up! Room booked! Bike packed!!

But that is as I am on my way to Fla today.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

Now where is that Pied Piper thread!

Andy.

Hi Tim.

We arrived in Ocala Fla yesterday, and continued down to Everglades City today. We managed to miss all the rain yesterday. We (my youngest daughter Sara and I) road from Lexington Ky down through Deals Gap and on through Ga on the 129.

As for the UN My oldest daughter Kristina will be riding with me for the trip.

Looking forward to riding with you and Beth again!

Andy.

Andy,

Our weather is colder than some of the places up north right now.

It's been 40/50's here and our relatives from Buffalo say it's 65-70 up there right now.

I hope y'all have a safe visit.

Looking forward to seeing you this year and meeting your daughter.

Best wishes.

Andy,

Our weather is colder than some of the places up north right now.

It's been 40/50's here and our relatives from Buffalo say it's 65-70 up there right now.

Next 2 days it is predicted to be sunny and low 70's here in DC! :thumbsup: First decent riding weekend since early last December!

Gunnison 2 was the last UN I've been to. I guess it is time. Just signed up.

IN. :thumbsup:

fLIPPIN' sUHWEET.!

it'll be great to see ya Lime my man.!

I'll be pack'in the Pucker. 23352301-177x150-0-0.jpg;)

I will overnight in Torrey on Saturday, July 10th on the way to the UN. If you have similar plans on the way out to Nevada, drop me a line and we can go grab a meal together on Sat. night.

Cheers!

I will overnight in Torrey on Saturday, July 10th on the way to the UN. If you have similar plans on the way out to Nevada, drop me a line and we can go grab a meal together on Sat. night.

Cheers!

This was directed at anyone that may be in Torrey that Saturday--not just my old friend and spelling bee champion.

Cheers!

sIRrODNEY & Tim/Lori & I will also be in Torrey on Saturday (*Chuckwagon??) We then head to Ely, NV for the Sunday night stay.

Then on in to Topaz on Monday.

Who you riding with, bubba.?