IGNORED

Unrally Announcement

SageRider

Please let me know any add/changes to the below for the official announcement:

================================================

Official UN-IX Sierra Adventures Announcement!!!

Make your plans now for attending the Unrally UN-IX

Date: July 12-15, 2010.

Place: Sierra Nevada mountain range of California and Nevada

For 2010 we've picked a place to satisfy your appetite for incredible riding. It's the Mother Lode of great touring roads over a variety of mountain passes, with unlimited possibilities for off-road discovery in the High Sierras.

A note before you leap to the Unrally site:

Event registration and lodging reservations are being handled somewhat differently this year.

You must register for the event and your payment must be received, and confirmed on the Unrally web site in order to reserve lodging at the Unrally site. A courtesy email will also be sent.

Please do not contact the site before your registration status is marked as paid.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Click here to visit the Unrally IX - Sierra Adventures web site!!!!

Here are my thoughts.

Make your plans now for attending UN-IX

For 2010 we've picked a place to satisfy your appetite for incredible riding. It's the Mother Lode of great motorcycle roads over a variety of mountain passes, with unlimited possibilities for both on and off-road discovery in the High Sierras.

A note before you strike it rich on the Unrally site:

Event registration and lodging reservations are being handled somewhat differently this year.

You must first register for the event. This includes having your non-refundable registration fee being paid, received, and confirmed on the Unrally web site prior to being able to reserve lodging at the Unrally site. A courtesy email will be sent to you confirming your status.

Please, do not contact the UN-IX rally site before your registration status is confirmed.

Click here to visit the UN-IX Sierra Adventures web site!!!!

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I like Phil's description. I think that an explaination about massive cancellations just prior to the event in the past should be included so people understand what's afoot with the new policy.

and BTW, the unrally.com url points to the right place.

The announcement does not say whereabouts in the Sierra Nevada range the UN is. I realise that information can come from the UN site but putting it in the announcement would avoid the inevitable question.

Andy

Andy,

Leaving the location out of the announcement was on purpose to get folks to read the announcement before hopping on the phone to call Topaz Lodge.

I'm trying to minimize the nuisance calls to Topaz Lodge from folks either not being aware of or trying to skirt the lodging reservation policy. I'll see what I can do to somehow get it in the post.

Revised Per Phil, Tom, and Andy:

Make your plans now for attending UN-IX

For 2010 we've picked a place to satisfy your appetite for incredible riding. It's the Mother Lode of great motorcycle roads over a variety of mountain passes, with unlimited possibilities for both on and off-road discovery in the High Sierras.

A note before you strike it rich on the Unrally site:

Event registration and lodging reservations are being handled somewhat differently this year due to the extremely high rate of lodging reservation cancellations wihich have occurred at recent events.

You must first register for the event. This includes having your non-refundable registration fee being paid, received, and confirmed on the Unrally web site prior to being able to reserve lodging at the Unrally site. A courtesy email will be sent to you confirming your paid status.

Please, do not contact Topaz Lodge, our Unrally's home base, before your registration status is confirmed as paid.

Strike Gold! Click here to visit the UN-IX Sierra Adventures web site!!!!

Looks good to me and unrally.com forwards correctly. I will be sitting here all morning fixing the things SageRider found last night and doing a page for DVD2010. Shall I switch the default page back now or wait for your command?

If you mean switching the default page back to vitarara site, yes, let's do that.

If you are referring to the UN-IX default page, then we need to get the changes done first. Once the changes are in, I want to get Dave and myself registered and shown as paid as we already have reservations at the Lodge. I then want to call & email the lodge and confirm that they can access the paid page. Once that is all done, then I'll post a time here for the default page to be set for UN-IX (I'm thinking 9:30 PM EST if possible) and I'll post the announcement on the board at that time.

I cleaned out the DB, go ahead and register ASAP (I'll leave my unpaid entry for now to test that aspect) I'll mark you as paid directly in the DB once I see your registration.

CoarsegoldKid

Hey guys I'm doing something wrong I guess. When I click on the site that is in Michaels post it takes me to the New England UNrally site. What am I doing wrong?

Your router or computer has the old address stored in it and isn't looking it up - how to fix that depends a lot on your setup. I have the same problem and haven't bothered to figure it out yet.

p.s. in my case I know it's my computer because the others in the house all get it right, probably just need to reboot.

Joe,

The link in my post above won't point accurately until the web site goes live.

You may be seeing the NH Unrally site, in which case, the name server you are using hasn't updated to the new host site yet.

You might also try resetting your router, and, if your PC is running XP, Open a command prompt then enter "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter key and try the site again.

Once that change occurs, at least for now you will see a message "Soon, very soon"

and finally, Once the UN-IX site is ready to go, Bob will work his magic and the UN-IX web site will appear.

If you wish to see the site as it is now, look in the web updates and changes post for the current path.

Please note I try to stay off of the site until Bob says he is ready for changes to be checked so that I don't interfere with Bob's activities.

BTW,

Our timing to go live was great!

Today is Topaz Lodge's employee Christmas party... So folks are probably going to get the message machine for much of the evening.

Archived