IGNORED

Photos from recent trip to Carmel area . . .

Couchrocket

For the photogs among us . . .

Couple of my initial images from a trip up the coast to Carmel, Pt. Lobos, Pacific Beach, area:

Late afternoon breakers at Pacific Beach. . .

728296646_zWkhe-XL.jpg

Sunrise at the south Carmel beach. The radical transition from cool background light, to warm "rising sun" foreground light is almost shocking in this image IMO, but very literal as it was for those first seconds as the sun hits the foreground, but not yet the background.

728283807_jBvaD-XL.jpg

Sea lion serenade. Near San Simeon . . .

728333084_yyf9k-XL.jpg

Sand dusting . . .

728320981_qxLFV-XL.jpg

Sandstone, early morning light, Point Lobos . . .

728327371_4KxBi-XL.jpg

Geeze Scott. You ever just hold up the camera and take a normal picture that isn't a work of art? Just wondering.

One Sunday afternoon I hopped on my RT and headed up the 101. Rode past Morrow Bay (I think it's called) and admired that huge rock poking up out of the beach. Anyhow, I ended up at the Hearst Castle, which is pretty close to where you took some of these pictures, isn't it? That area was very beautiful to me. My ride that day was totally unplanned; I didn't even bring a camera with me. I'd like to take that ride again.

Geeze Scott. You ever just hold up the camera and take a normal picture that isn't a work of art? Just wondering.

One Sunday afternoon I hopped on my RT and headed up the 101. Rode past Morrow Bay (I think it's called) and admired that huge rock poking up out of the beach. Anyhow, I ended up at the Hearst Castle, which is pretty close to where you took some of these pictures, isn't it? That area was very beautiful to me. My ride that day was totally unplanned; I didn't even bring a camera with me. I'd like to take that ride again.

James,

Any time you're in the area again, let me know. Love to meet you and do a trip up the coast!

And, as to my photos... you'd be surprised. I took a seminar from Ansel Adams many many moons ago. One of the students asked him what the most important piece of equipment was in his darkroom.

His reply, "A capacious trash can." I've never forgotten that, and it applies to the "waste bin" on my computer as well. :grin: You're looking at five frames from 3 full days of shooting! About 24 gigs of files. And I've modified one of them alrady since I posted it!

Worthy

Now I need to head out West even more

Any time, Amigo! Love to go shooting with you. I "almost" have a life at the moment between my being "un-retired" gigs. :grin:

When is the Chhuly glass gig at the botanical gardens? Love to go on one of the "photog" nights w/ tripod.

Archived