IGNORED

Sargent Seat Customer Service

markgoodrich

My two year old Sargent seat heater went kaputski. I shipped it to them last week, it arrive today, they replaced the heater and the thing is being shipped back to me either this afternoon or tomorrow. Under warranty, of course. They waived the return shipping charge. This is the kind of customer service that keeps companies in business.

Sargent is, as I've said many times, the only company that will let you try their seat for 30 days with an unconditional money back policy.

Good timing. I've been sitting here trying to decide if I should try Sargent for my new GS. I've had three Russell's and they are great. But I either need to do the ride in, take a couple of weeks without riding, find a seat to borrow, etc. Plus, while super comfortable, the Russell is ugly. I know, who cares, you sit on it.

Anyway, I figure I'll give the Sargent a try, ordered it this afternoon. I'm a big fan of money back guarantees, they are typically offered by companies that have products that are worthy.

BTW, Russell offers a guarantee as well, for eight months. They want the opportunity to do two adjustments to make things right, and if that doesn't work they will buy the seat back. Probably only feasible if you have a spare seat. The three I've had had not needed adjustment, they worked as promised.

You think they're good from Texas, Oregon, or Canada?

You should try living in the same town with them. Take the uncovered seat for a ride. Not quite right? Re-shape, ride again. When it's right, THEN they cover it.

They're awesome! :thumbsup:

G

Anyway, I figure I'll give the Sargent a try, ordered it this afternoon.

They sent me an email confirmation this morning, showing several unsolicited goodies. A flash light, a hat, and best of all, a 5% discount.

Great first impression.

I've had a couple of their seats - great people they are. They even gave me a tour of their facility! While they couldn't get the seat for my 05 RT the way "I" wanted, I'd still consider them first for future purchases.

BTW, the Sargent I purchased for my 1150RT was one of the best seats I ever owned.

+3 on Sargent...Ordered one for my 800ST this morning after having one on my 1150RT for 4 years now. No flashlight or hat but a good price.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway, I figure I'll give the Sargent a try, ordered it this afternoon. I'm a big fan of money back guarantees, they are typically offered by companies that have products that are worthy.

My Sargent showed up about two weeks ago. I put it on the bike and gave it a test fit in the garage. It was not comfortable for me. I need something wider, and I tend to ride toward the rear of the seat and that didn't work well with there design. For people who aren't required to display "Wide Load" signs when they ride it is probably very nice.

So I called, got an RMA with no questions asked, and back it went. The day it arrived back at Sargent I got an email showing the credit less shipping. Great service again, even on a refund.

Archived