IGNORED

News (Seattle-Tacoma)

jmseattle

Yes, I just read this....what a slap in the face for the men and women who are trying to maintain order in society.

To this very day when in a coffee house or other public place I must sit so that I can see who comes through the door.

People are messed up....this is why I have no issues with the death penalty. Maybe he will get his due when he tries to shoot the arresting officers. What a crock....people are sooooooooooooooo screwed up!!!!!

My first reaction to the news is domestic terrorism. Once the suspects are identified and/or arrested and/or killed, it wouldn't surprise me if this was a terrorist attack. Of course such information would be considered politically incorrect so we may never know.

Cops worst nightmare is an ambush, not much you can do about it. For safety reasons, most if not all cops sit at the back of the restaurant with their back against a wall.

The funeral will bring in thousands of LEO's from all over the world.

Many condolences.

What a sad, sad, sad state of affairs :(!

Living near the border, when I am out and about, I always check the exits, situate myself with a view of the entrance and I am not a LEO nor do I wear a uniform!

It is a tragedy.

Reading the perp's life history, that is one guy who should have been in jail with a chain around his ankle so he never leaves. The justice system failed on several times.

Hmmm, it seems our ex-Governor former prez candidate Mike Huckabee granted this man clemency from a 95 year prison sentence. Yes 95 years.

A quote frome Huckabee's website...

Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington State. He was recommended for and received a commutation of his original sentence from 1990, making him parole eligible and was paroled by the parole board once they determined he met the conditions at that time. He was arrested later for parole violation and taken back to prison to serve his full term, but prosecutors dropped the charges that would have held him. It appears that he has continued to have a string of criminal and psychotic behavior but was not kept incarcerated by either state. This is a horrible and tragic event and if found and convicted the offender should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Our thoughts and prayers are and should be with the families of those honorable, brave, and heroic police officers."

My first reaction to the news is domestic terrorism. Once the suspects are identified and/or arrested and/or killed, it wouldn't surprise me if this was a terrorist attack. Of course such information would be considered politically incorrect so we may never know.

Cops worst nightmare is an ambush, not much you can do about it. For safety reasons, most if not all cops sit at the back of the restaurant with their back against a wall.

The funeral will bring in thousands of LEO's from all over the world.

Many condolences.

Looks like a comment from my previous post came true.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20091129/US.Officers.Shot/

Thank God Clemmons chose to end his life by shooting it out with the heroic Seattle area police. What a fitting end of "due process" for the scum and human garbage terrorizing our society.

Had Clemmons been taken alive, we would have been treated to compassionate pleas of understanding on how Clemmons was also a "victim" for years to come.

Good riddance.

Had Clemmons been taken alive, we would have been treated to compassionate pleas of understanding on how Clemmons was also a "victim" for years todon't mind come.

Good riddance.

I don't mind talking about how much of a "victim" he was now that he cannot victimize anybody any more.

Well - I don't think you can really call this "domestic terrorism". And I don't see what "politically incorrect" information was suppressed. The guy was a homicidal lunatic who shouldn't have been on the streets, but not a terrorist. And it's a good thing the Washington cops didn't go looking for a "terrorist", but did good old-fashioned police work to find the right guy.

Paul,

our police caught Martin Bryant alive. I have attached a transcript of a radio interview about him in prison.

Some other articles suggest he is treated about one level lower than a laboratory rat and will be for the rest of his life.

The comments about his sanity and insanity ,very interesting.

The wikipedia item gives an overview

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant#Port_Arthur_massacre

This is the radio transcript.

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/bbing/stories/s10603.htm

Well - I don't think you can really call this "domestic terrorism". And I don't see what "politically incorrect" information was suppressed. The guy was a homicidal lunatic who shouldn't have been on the streets, but not a terrorist. And it's a good thing the Washington cops didn't go looking for a "terrorist", but did good old-fashioned police work to find the right guy.

I highlighted the word "killed" not terrorism.

Archived