IGNORED

Why only one of two apper to be on?

Toad

OK, I don't know who or where to ask this so Ill just throw it out here.

I have seen many sport bikes that appear to have one of two headlamps not on. I guess I thought one was broken or one was burned out. But it just seems I saw too many of these to believe it was true. I received Sport Rider mag today and on page nine there is a Triumph ad. Lo and behold one of the two headlamps appears to be non functioning.

What is this all about?

Well I can see that we have many variations on a theme here.

However just returned from eye doctor and find I am blind in my left eye!

Now that explains it.

THE toad

iF yOUR avatar is anything what you look like - I think I know why you can't see two headlamps lit.

Jus' sayin' =8^)

Actually we were talking about this yesterday and decided that it started with Ducati. Only, it was a workmanship thing that everyone else thought was stylish so they copied it. The Ducati had to learn how to do it INTENTIONALLLY.

russell_bynum
high and lo beam.....

Yup.

It also serves as a personality indicator: If you see that they're not riding with their high-beam on, that's also a good indication that they're not an a-hole.

My son rides a Yamaha FZ6 with a one headlight low beam, two headlight high beam configuration. About every third or forth time we stop for gas some good-natured person lets us know one of his headlights is out.

My son rides a Yamaha FZ6 with a one headlight low beam, two headlight high beam configuration. About every third or forth time we stop for gas some good-natured person lets us know one of his headlights is out.

That is finally the answer!

One lamp for low and both for high.

Thanks pbharvey!

Archived