IGNORED

OTD Gone?

David13

I haven't verified, but I hear from reliable sources, L A CycleSports OTD, Inglewood, and branches all over the Bay (San Francisco) area, is closed.

Sad commentary on the state of the economy, but a sad moment for the many many people who liked the otd pricing concept.

dc

It's a big dealership, but I haven't been very impressed with them. Salesman help was non-exhistant even when asking for help. The bikes are crammed together so close you can't sit on anything unless the non exhistant salesman moves the bike. Also when I did try to buy a Polaris rzr from them they wouldnt even match the price of a competing dealers printed ad. I was told they needed to check with upper management to beat the price. I gave my info and phone number, but never got a call back. It's a bad dealership IMO, despite it being sad to see a motorcycle community dealer fold

Their whole theory was, not a lot of sales people and haggling. And a lot of people iiked the idea that they gave an otd price, even by email.

I have heard many stories where they beat other prices. Without any haggling or game playing. Maybe different for different brands.

I believe their theory was, when you come in the door, you know what you want. They don't have to try to 'put you into' a certain bike.

I think the big issue is the economy. And bike sales nation, or world wide.

dc

Can't say the place is much of a loss. Sleazy sales people. Unbelievably shitty service. They dropped my bike when it was in for service, denting the brand new full exhaust system, and it took me many months of arguing to get them to pay me for the damage, and then they would only issue me a gift card for the value that I could use in their store. I never even used it.

To be honest, I've always been VERY suspicious of the fact that my GSXR1000 was stolen from my locked garage the night after I rode it to that shop for the very first time. They had my address because I'd just bought a bike there.

Can't say the place is much of a loss. Sleazy sales people. Unbelievably shitty service. They dropped my bike when it was in for service, denting the brand new full exhaust system, and it took me many months of arguing to get them to pay me for the damage, and then they would only issue me a gift card for the value that I could use in their store. I never even used it.

To be honest, I've always been VERY suspicious of the fact that my GSXR1000 was stolen from my locked garage the night after I rode it to that shop for the very first time. They had my address because I'd just bought a bike there.

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

You lost me on this one. Your bike was stolen (and you think they might have done it because they sold it to you...ya think it would be easier to just steal it from their own dealership instead of your locked garage...wouldn't ya?), after your first visit to their shop with it, but you argued with them for months about damage done to it when they dropped it?

I'm confused...you argued with them over a damaged exhaust system from first service that had already been stolen along with the bike, at which time, I assume, insurance had paid you for it? You accepted a gift card when you no longer had a bike to buy anything for, but you never "even" used it. I'm suprised you bought it from them to begin with since the sales people were "Sleazy" and the service was "shitty". You either left some details out of the story to make it fit your agenda or you having nothing better to do?

Their whole theory was, not a lot of sales people and haggling. And a lot of people iiked the idea that they gave an otd price, even by email.

I have heard many stories where they beat other prices. Without any haggling or game playing. Maybe different for different brands.

I believe their theory was, when you come in the door, you know what you want. They don't have to try to 'put you into' a certain bike.

I think the big issue is the economy. And bike sales nation, or world wide.

dc

I understand the philosophy of their sales. However; by making their store into a tight crammed parking lot of bikes, sales help is required if you want to sit on anything. Also, with how tight they are, many bikes in there were already damaged. They had bikes in a corner waiting for new parts/re-paint from damage from how tight they are. Not a good business model if you ask me, despite the philosophy. Personally, I havent had any good eperience I dont think I would buy anything from them. In my case, i knew exactly what I wanted, but had to hunt down and wait for a salesman. When I did find him, he didnt seem interested in selling it. I was garunteed that they would meet another price so i told him they were already higher in price than anyone else. He was suprised and told me to prove it. I directed him to craigslist where I did prove it but he still wouldnt honor the price. As far as I am concerned its a sleezball dealer, with sleezball sales tactics, and liars to boot. In many cases selling bikes that were repaired from neglect. I am sure some people love them as they are very popular but I am not their biggest fan.

Archived